Backstage Talk About John Cena And Randy Orton At

It was previously reported that WWE officials were talking about doing a John Cena vs. Randy Orton match at WrestleMania 30. This appears to be the case after the staredown between the two that ended Survivor Series pay-per-view.

What's not certain yet though is what will be done with their respective Championships. There hasn't really been any talk of merging the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship together, and it was actually reported that WWE officials are looking to make the World Heavyweight Championship seem as important as the WWE Championship again with Cena as the World Champion.

If Cena and Orton are still the Champions heading into WrestleMania it's uncertain if either of the Titles will actually be on the line or if it might just be a Champion vs. Champion non-title match.

They should use the event to reunite the belts into one linear champ once again. The two title holders thing is played out and stupid.

Just from a cosmetic standpoint, I preferred when Jericho walked out with 2 belts to the undisputed belt that Brock had. If they're trying to revitalize the WHC, this the way to do it. Phone Post 3.0

It's dumb to have two belts unless Smackdown is treated as a completely separate show with no crossover (which it's not).

This is a bit out of left field but it might be cool if one of the belts became a more pure wrestling title. It could have stricter rules enforced during matches, the belt would change hands on DQ wins and count outs. Using a closed fist would result in a DQ, that kind of thing. Contests for that belt could be more pure WRESTLING matches instead of the normal quasi brawl.

Cena vs Orton at Wrestlemania means I am not even planning to DL it.

I can't wait to see how this fucks up Elimination Chamber. Phone Post 3.0

Wasn't the WHC already absorbed into the WWE title? So now it's going to be even MORE 'worldly?' Phone Post 3.0

LOL @ Champion vs. Champion non title match.  Will Undertaker's streak not be on the line?