Bad Article about K-1 & Tyson...

I got this article from fightnews.com. This article was not written by fightnews.com but posted as news.

Sulaiman: K-1 a criminal practice!
Responding to reports of Mike Tyson signing a promotional agreement, WBC president Jose Sulaiman has released a statement that says in part: "The World Boxing Council deeply regrets the fact that the great world ex heavyweight champion Mike Tyson is thinking of the possibility of contending in a sport known as K-1 which represents a huge and regrettable return to the most savage times in which respect to human life did not exist at all -- as this 'sport' is one of the most violent and less humane practices anyone can ever witness. Other juicy quotes include: "The most astonishing thing is to see how a country of such elevated culture such as Japan, is adopting this criminal practice that literally takes society back to the cave era."..."[Tyson] can not be thinking of blemishing such extraordinary career by stooping so low to participate in the denigrating legalized savagery of K-1," and "K-1 is for those who have nothing left at all...or for amateurs or cheap street fighters."

that is an astoundingly bad, ignorant and shortsighted report.

To be expected from the money grabbing boxing fraternity.

right. and boxing DOESN'T promote repeated blows to the head. did john fucking mcCain write this article?

[Tyson] can not be thinking of blemishing such extraordinary career by stooping so low to participate in the denigrating legalized savagery of K-1,"

Right, Tyson has done nothing to blemish his career, K-1 is right up there

"The most astonishing thing is to see how a country of such elevated culture such as Japan, is adopting this criminal practice that literally takes society back to the cave era."..."

LMFAO @ them saying K1 is taking us to Caveman times when Boxers strait up brutally beat each others heads in for much longer periods of time. Hey guys! Maybe you didnt notice! Mike Tyson the "highly decorated and respected" former heavyweight champ bit someones ear of for fucks sake. Thats completely cosmopolitan right?

LMAO @ pro boxing accusing other sports of being violent and barbaric! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Shit, are they all directly attributed to boxing?
Thats more than i thought.

"K-1 which represents a huge and regrettable return to the most savage times in which respect to human life did not exist at all"

LOL he makes out like they're feeding christians to the lions. You really got to wonder about boxing people who say this stuff. Are they incredibly ignorant, or just plain greedy?

They're scared. They see how entertaining and exciting MMA is so they're starting to smear it whenever possible to try to keep people from doing what I did- stop watching pro boxing all together and shift my attention and support($) over to MMA.

And people wonder why fightnews.com is made fun of.

jesus suiliman is an ignorant corruptive lil fuk. u talk about a savage sport where one person dies every year, thank u boxing

boxing has gone downhill in the far east since the arrival of k1,they have little or no strong hold in these countries,since the arrival of k1.far east then the world!!!!!!!!the wbc are trying everything to discredit k1

Jose Sulaiman is the most corrupt motherfucker in boxing. He's been in Don Kings pocket for years. Scummy fuck has done alot of shit.

combat, you could say my comment is biased because I write for maxboxing, but that's doesn't mean it's not true.

i have no problem with a website trying to make a buck. With all boxing and fighting websites, there are fuzzy rules. But don't take my word for it. Just look for yourself how various websites purport to print "news" on frivolous stuff.

When some 8th ranked featherweight fights, some websites print up a preview of it and a big post-fight coverage of it, then all of a sudden you see an ad for the guy pop up the same time. This isn't much different from newspapers except that most of the ad content on websites will invariably be covered in some form by the sites, unlike newspaper and mags, which cover all kinds of stuff.

I'm just saying that fightnews prints a lot of things that maxboxing doesn't. They have their niche, we have ours, etc. But I feel confident that a poll of boxing website fans would place maxboxing above fightnews in terms of credibility and news judgment. That is all.

Suliaman is just upset that he cant pull any WBC sanctioning fees if Tyson fights for K-1. Suliaman is a world class turd.

Um, the very fact that it's posted on the WBC website probably means it's NOT news, but their spin on something they have no role in.