Bad Mistake by Fedor cost....

him the fight.

Fedor was all over Hendo, sheer dominance. A left hook sent Hendo to the canvas and Hendo covered up as Fedor launched in for some GnP.

It seems clearly evident that Fedor failed to secure his dominant position and then punch. Instead, a mad flurry and poor body positioning lead to Hendo being able to roll Fedor to his left and secure an escape. One vicious upper-cut and it's all over.

Bad mistake.

I shudder to think what Cain Velasquez would have done to Fedor.

Takes alot of discipline to fight a mistake free fight, the only one who seems to be able to have this level of discipline right now is GSP

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Takes alot of discipline to fight a mistake free fight, the only one who seems to be able to have this level of discipline right now is GSP

Agree there. It just seems Fedor loses the plot. He obviously hurt Dan, had him on the ground, he is the heavier fighter with a sambo background yet made a poor grappling error.

Is that what you saw? I saw Fedor come after him early, got rocked then busted up on the fence, preventing a takedown by grabbing it, then caught Dan momentarily only to get outwrestled and eventually KO'd. Never once was Dan in real trouble, Fedor looked bad the entire time except his minor flurry.

Sometimes these things happen in MMA (...when you face real competition)

vruntson - him the fight.

Fedor was all over Hendo, sheer dominance. A left hook sent Hendo to the canvas and Hendo covered up as Fedor launched in for some GnP.

It seems clearly evident that Fedor failed to secure his dominant position and then punch. Instead, a mad flurry and poor body positioning lead to Hendo being able to roll Fedor to his left and secure an escape. One vicious upper-cut and it's all over.

Bad mistake.

Lol@ "sheer dominance"

Hendo dominated every every aspect of that fight, except for when he was trying to avoid fedord flurry and fell back. That was about a 2 second spanish of the fight and Dan wasn't even hurt. The only sheer dominance was by Dan Phone Post

Jamiee - I shudder to think what Cain Velasquez would have done to Fedor.

My god. I don't want to even think about it. He would kill fedor Phone Post

My point about the fight, the OP, was that from a dominant position, Fedor should have finished Dan. A bad error cost him.

that frenzy style works against big slow heavyweights that can't scramble like Hendo

overly agressive, same as against Werdum

kneedy - that frenzy style works against big slow heavyweights that can't scramble like Hendo

overly agressive, same as against Werdum

Agree. Full credit to Dan.

Agree w/ the OP. He was going for the finish before securing position. Maybe he though Hendo was more hurt and closer to being out than he was. Either way he had the advantage and lost it quickly just like Barry/Kongo.

I agree with OP..

Fedor fights agressive  sometimes too aggresiive with the ground and pound.

ABE FROMAN - Is that what you saw? I saw Fedor come after him early, got rocked then busted up on the fence, preventing a takedown by grabbing it, then caught Dan momentarily only to get outwrestled and eventually KO'd. Never once was Dan in real trouble, Fedor looked bad the entire time except his minor flurry.

So Dan backed Fedor up and wall and stalled him but Fedor dropping Dan means that it was all up to then?

We all are seeing what we want to see here.

Fedor's attractive qualities, ie. aggressive fight finishing style, is his weakness.

Fedor is still the GOAT as I say his purple patch was his undefeated run in Pride. All else is a bonus. I also credit Fedor with still remaining aggressive despite being on a 2 fight losing streak.

Wasa-B - 
ABE FROMAN - Is that what you saw? I saw Fedor come after him early, got rocked then busted up on the fence, preventing a takedown by grabbing it, then caught Dan momentarily only to get outwrestled and eventually KO'd. Never once was Dan in real trouble, Fedor looked bad the entire time except his minor flurry.

So Dan backed Fedor up and wall and stalled him but Fedor dropping Dan means that it was all up to then?

We all are seeing what we want to see here.

The difference is that I'm not revising history. Fedor looked good for about 20 total seconds in that fight.

Fedors face was a disaster zone within 20 seconds then leaned up against a cage for awhile before catching dan then getting blasted into next week. Not seeing much dominance there. Guess we can't accept it was a crazy exciting fight and that Henderson is a beast and fedor just isn't there anymore Phone Post