Bad stoppage?

I don't doubt that Browne could have finished it there, but does anyone else think it was a tad early? Phone Post 3.0

Nah

no

I agree. Definitely early. You can see in the replay that Overeem was still completely aware of the situation and had his hands up to intelligently defend himself. Phone Post

I feel like mario wanted reem to lose. He had browne finished, but no stoppage. Alistair hits the ground for 2 seconds "Stop Stop Stop!" Phone Post

Nah the followup punches would have been unnecessary punishment Phone Post

Eh well fuck me then. Maybe I'm just retarded. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed. There is a good chance that he would have finished him regardless, but how do you immediately stop a fight especially when you just let it go on so long for the other guy.

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - I feel like mario wanted reem to lose. He had browne finished, but no stoppage. Alistair hits the ground for 2 seconds "Stop Stop Stop!" Phone Post
. Phone Post 3.0

It was reminiscent of Diaz/Daley: at one point in the first minute, Diaz had his face planted into the canvas after taking a punch. The ref gave him the chance to recover and within a few minutes he knocked Daley down and the fight was stopped immediately. Phone Post

ajjr0ller - It was reminiscent of Diaz/Daley: at one point in the first minute, Diaz had his face planted into the canvas after taking a punch. The ref gave him the chance to recover and within a few minutes he knocked Daley down and the fight was stopped immediately. Phone Post

Very similar, but much less one sided. Phone Post