Bader: We defiantly have the best Light Heavyweight division in the World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-51VdvB8MU

” I took a little too much kicks but was able to turn it around,” was what Ryan Bader told us of his unanimous decision win over Lyoto Machida this past Fri April 9th. Bader is the Bellator MMA Heavyweight Champion. For a complete updated list of the official Bellator MMA Rankings please scroll to the bottom of this post.

Bader says, “You can’t say that anyone of us in this tournament right now can’t go beat the current UFC Light Heavyweight Champion. I believe anyone of us can.” To put that in perspective Bader is Bellator MMA’s # 1 Ranked Light heavyweight with the entire list of top ranked Bellator f MEN’S LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT – C. Vadim Nemkov, 1. Ryan, 2. Phil Davis, 3. Corey Anderson, 4. Lyoto Machida, 5. Julius Anglickas, 6. Grant Neal, 7. Christian Edwards, 8. Tyree Fortune, 9. Melvin Manhoef, 10. Alex Polizzi. Compared to the UFC Official ranked Light Heavyweight fighter list LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT JAN BLACHOWICZ CHAMPION, 1 Glover Teixeira, 2 Aleksandar Rakic, 3 Dominick Reyes, 4 Thiago Santos, 5 Jiri Prochazka, 6 Anthony Smith, 7 Magomed Ankalaev, 8 Volkan Oezdemir, 9 Nikita Krylov, 10 Johnny Walker. He went on to say, “We can probably never figure it out because I don’t think UFC and Bellator would do any cross promotions. Look at this tournament, the killers that are in there. We defiantly have the best Light Heavyweight division in the World.”

Ryan isn’t a stingy fighter either. The Navy Seals and other various charities, I am sure have thanked Ryan and his team, for the over 150,000. Dollars’ worth of donation over the years. Not only that but he dedicates time by taking wounded veterans hunting throughout the fall months. “that’s a great experience because that’s one on one. We put those guys up, we take them out, we get to know them really, really well. At the end of the day help them accomplish their goal.”
“I have 3 kids and I am looked up to by a lot of people. I want to set a good example for myself for my family and my kids and there’s others.”

1 Like

It’s not as wide as it could be, maybe. But there are absolutely a few more killers in that ufc list imo.

I think the divisions are comparable. I’d give the edge to the UFC but Bellator has 3 or 4 out of the top 10 guys. (Bader, Phil Davis, Nemkov & Anderson). Not sure about Johnson because of his inactivity.

I’d like to see Nemkov vs Blach.

Top 3 would be Top 5 in UFC. The rest not Top 10, maybe Anderson fringe

Machida being ranked 4th tells you all you need to know, he was done 6-7 years ago

It’s strange now that LHW used to be the most stacked of divisions, now they both are quite weak.

Although thinking about it, maybe the standards generally in the other divisions have improved.

What would 2008 have looked like? Something like this?

1. Chuck Liddell
  2. Rashad Evans
  3. Rampage Jackson.
  4. Machida
  5. Shogun.
  6. Forest Griffin.
  7. Tito Ortiz
  8. Dan Henderson
  9. Babalu
  10. Wanderlei.

That’s cool, current Phil Davis and Corey Anderson would maul every one of them. The sport has evolved.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it’s better, but it’s the first time since the Pride days that an outside org can at least pretend that.

1 Like

Considering his list leaves out Romero and Rumble, he has a pretty good point. I’d put AJ over Jan or Glover for sure.

1 Like

Defiantly?