Bag glove recommendations?

So it's been about ten years since I've done any training worth mentioning. Hitting 36 years old, it's time to get back to it. 

I'll be setting up a Thai bag shortly(already got the bag sorted) and was wondering what you guys like to use glovewise during heavybag workouts.

Price isn't really a thing. I'm just looking for durable hand protection. My hands are my money, so I can't go busting em. I am well versed at wrapping, but these days it seems there are more glove choices than I remember.

Wrap your hands in rope, dip them in glue and then grind the glue covered rope knuckles in crushed glass. You should be good to go. 

Triumph United V1PER series. These are on my Christmas list. Handmade with quality and tested by fighters. So nice. 

Price isn't a thing ? Those gloves Trevor Wittman made look legit and you don't need to use wraps while wearing them ,which to me is a huge plus. I have never used them personally ,but here is a link https://onxsports.com/products/signature-series-trevor-wittman-x-factor-training-glove-velcro

Thanks guys. 

TTT for more suggestions. I'll then look em over and decide!

ryanJ -

This man knows lol

i generally like twins and windy products. handmade in thailand unless it’s changed recently.

The only problem Ive had with some of the Thai gloves is that they’re a little on the smaller side. I don’t have really large hands, but I’ve still found them to be a bit tight and short for my hand and finger length. 

DON’T get venom gloves. Those things fell apart fast. 

only pussies use gloves

Price no concern?

Boxing - cleto reyes

Thai - twins 

Im still a noob been training Muay Thai but what benefit do you get with wraps when hitting a heavy bag?  I've watched a few people wrap up and put gloves on.

Ringside makes the best gloves, their heritage series is pricey but man, its fucking worth it. Top notch quality and design, its the cadillac of boxing gloves.

Robert Munch -

Im still a noob been training Muay Thai but what benefit do you get with wraps when hitting a heavy bag?  I've watched a few people wrap up and put gloves on.

When you get to a certain point you will punch hard enough and often enough that your bones and joints ache and have injuries and are constantly sore. My hands are wrecked and I'm young and that's not an uncommon thing.

I have Top King bag gloves and I'd recommend them .

Robert Munch -

For me it's insurance. Any damage to my hands can be quite costly. 

I use cheap bag gloves these days

i used to use 16oz Reyes with hand wraps but I used to go too hard like that (got a big buffalo bad so pretty solid and firm) as I knew my hand was protected

The bag gloves mean I just throw fast combinations and concentrate on technique and movement now and just mix the odd power shot in sporadically

TwoCanVanneDamne - 

I use cheap bag gloves these days

i used to use 16oz Reyes with hand wraps but I used to go too hard like that (got a big buffalo bad so pretty solid and firm) as I knew my hand was protected

The bag gloves mean I just throw fast combinations and concentrate on technique and movement now and just mix the odd power shot in sporadically

looking good bro:

I agree with Renato.  If you're self-training you can use any glove.  You adjust power according to how your hands feel.

If you're self-trained there is no reason to spend top dollar.