Bally's?

I got this coupon from my car insurance providor that allows me to have a month's free membership at Bally's. I know, I know, it's Bally's, but I figure, Hey, it's FREE and I'm not planning on staying on afterwards and...it's FREE and I figure if it really sucks, I'll at least get to check out some girls and get to share some stories about creepy old guys in the locker room drying their anuses with the hand dryer. Has anyone else done the same thing? Are there any wacko things in the paperwork that'll suck you legally into getting an extended membership?

NEVER, EVER JOIN BALLY"S!!!! I have had too many friends get ripped off because of those guys.

I checked the fine print on the back - it's basically a 30-day guest pass BUT I have to take the club tour and presentation. What's an ARV?

Ah, it's not so bad. I lift at a Bally's, it's near my house and dirt cheap. They have a power rack, and cheapo heavy bag and the trainers leave me alone.

-- Ah, it's not so bad. I lift at a Bally's, it's near my house and dirt cheap. They have a power rack, and cheapo heavy bag and the trainers leave me alone. --

in my experience, some of the chain gyms are tolerable for someone who really wants to lift. but it varies from gym to gym. i go to a Philadelphia Sports Club in south jersey and no one bothers me when i do my thing. although i think at least one of the trainers probably thinks i'm ruining my knees with my front squat form. as for the 'why', i really just haven't found anyplace better for my needs right now (i haven't looked hard).

if anyone knows someplace i can get into olympic lifting in south jersey though, please let me know.