Baltimore police chief fired

So baltimore citizens were upset because aggressive policing, ie stop and frisk and racial profiling

Therefore cops arent doing these things and now the "citizens" are killing each other so the chief had to go.

Id hate to b a cop in this climate. Phone Post 3.0

Police commissioner

Police chief

Whatever...

Ol boy got fired Phone Post 3.0

I get why the mayor feels like someone has to be "held accountable" or be the scapegoat, and removing the commissioner was the easiest solution, but I don't see how this is going to resolve the real issue.

"On Tuesday night, gunmen jumped out of two vans and fired at a group of people a few blocks from an urban university campus, killing three people. A fourth person sought treatment for a gunshot wound to the buttocks and was in stable condition."

I can't imagine these gunmen decided to go shoot up a group of people as a way to express their outrage over the police chief. So what is the likelihood of this actually reducing the real problem the city is facing? Phone Post 3.0

A kid was accidently shot in chicago over the weekend when his dad was the target of a drive-by shooting by a rival gang.

The father of the kid had been arrested 42 times

42 times!!!!!

How is he still on the streests??? Phone Post 3.0

Shiiiiit Phone Post 3.0

LOL the beat cops are really going to start dragging their feet after this. Baltimore will become even more of a shit hole.

That entire elected office needs to get their shit a packing. They should start from the ground up. That mayor is worthless and if her skin colored wasn't what it is she would of never been voted into office. Phone Post 3.0

AliceinNirvana@PearlGarden - A kid was accidently shot in chicago over the weekend when his dad was the target of a drive-by shooting by a rival gang.

42 times!!!!!

Cuz he dindu nuffin Phone Post 3.0

baj54 - That entire elected office needs to get their shit a packing. They should start from the ground up. That mayor is worthless and if her skin colored wasn't what it is she would of never been voted into office. Phone Post 3.0
We all know the reason they're in those offices, in the first place. That's what happens when racism is acceptable in large places like Baltimore Phone Post 3.0

AliceinNirvana@PearlGarden - A kid was accidently shot in chicago over the weekend when his dad was the target of a drive-by shooting by a rival gang.

42 times!!!!!

Because crime is a business. Catch and release brings in government revenue. The element also perpetuates criminal activity as the examples are let back out to spread both their influence, and message that crime pays.

I love your screen name btw.

They finally fired Valchek?!

That guy seemed like a selfish hack to begin with. You can't just go around calling people "shitbirds" and "rat fuckers" and bullying a union because they got their mural in the church nave over yours.

Good riddance.

Mark It Zero - I get why the mayor feels like someone has to be "held accountable" or be the scapegoat, and removing the commissioner was the easiest solution, but I don't see how this is going to resolve the real issue.

"On Tuesday night, gunmen jumped out of two vans and fired at a group of people a few blocks from an urban university campus, killing three people. A fourth person sought treatment for a gunshot wound to the buttocks and was in stable condition."

I can't imagine these gunmen decided to go shoot up a group of people as a way to express their outrage over the police chief. So what is the likelihood of this actually reducing the real problem the city is facing? Phone Post 3.0
Moving next month to attend this university... Phone Post 3.0

sparkuri -
AliceinNirvana@PearlGarden - A kid was accidently shot in chicago over the weekend when his dad was the target of a drive-by shooting by a rival gang.

42 times!!!!!

Because crime is a business. Catch and release brings in government revenue. The element also perpetuates criminal activity as the examples are let back out to spread both their influence, and message that crime pays.

I love your screen name btw.
Yeah but after the 27 th or 35 th arrest u would think a judge would say your a lifelong criminal. Ur going to the big house for a long time

Also, unfortunately grunge was the last real music revolution. So i thought id pay a lil homage to the music of my youth;) Phone Post 3.0

Weren't they talking talking about this in today's JRE? I mean, about how he should be fired (but wasn't at that time). 0_o Phone Post 3.0

At this point the next season of The Wire has written itself. Phone Post 3.0

Over the july 4 weekend in chicago

9 people were killed and 54 wounded Phone Post 3.0

AliceinNirvana@PearlGarden - Police commissioner

Police chief

Whatever...

Ol boy got fired Phone Post 3.0

What do you mean 'boy'...?

UltimateKeyboardWarrior - LOL the beat cops are really going to start dragging their feet after this. Baltimore will become even more of a shit hole.

Their union actually dropped a bombshell report calling for his ouster about an hour before he got canned.

Great link to it.

http://www.fop3.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/AAR-Final.pdf

Among other things, he personally walked the lines and told all officers to remove protective equipment like helmet and sunglasses as the bottles and bricks were flying.

Good riddance, ass hole.

Mark Antony's hangover -
baj54 - That entire elected office needs to get their shit a packing. They should start from the ground up. That mayor is worthless and if her skin colored wasn't what it is she would of never been voted into office. Phone Post 3.0
We all know the reason they're in those offices, in the first place. That's what happens when racism is acceptable in large places like Baltimore Phone Post 3.0
Not sure if you can call it racism if the entire problem is all the same color?
B-more is such a shithole. It's a shame because there is a lot of history in that city but the vast majority of those who live there could give two shits less about it. The entire system needs to be restructured. They need a high council made up of several people from different parts of the city as opposed to one mayor. She was groomed to become mayor from the get go and it's that very reason why she sucks at it. She doesn't give a shit about that city. You can tell by her comments before during and after the riots. Phone Post 3.0