Baltimore police chief fired

AliceinNirvana@PearlGarden - Police commissioner

Police chief

Whatever...

Ol boy got fired Phone Post 3.0

What do you mean "boy", BOY!

JK. This would be funny if it weren't so sad.

We have entire neighborhoods were people just can't behave. Then when tickets, summons and sentences pile up its "We have profiling! Racial disparity! Police state! Prison industrial pipelines!"

Yet if LEO were to back off and let the inmates run the shitshow then government isn't doing their job!

baj54 - 
Mark Antony's hangover -
baj54 - That entire elected office needs to get their shit a packing. They should start from the ground up. That mayor is worthless and if her skin colored wasn't what it is she would of never been voted into office. Phone Post 3.0
We all know the reason they're in those offices, in the first place. That's what happens when racism is acceptable in large places like Baltimore Phone Post 3.0
Not sure if you can call it racism if the entire problem is all the same color?
B-more is such a shithole. It's a shame because there is a lot of history in that city but the vast majority of those who live there could give two shits less about it. The entire system needs to be restructured. They need a high council made up of several people from different parts of the city as opposed to one mayor. She was groomed to become mayor from the get go and it's that very reason why she sucks at it. She doesn't give a shit about that city. You can tell by her comments before during and after the riots. Phone Post 3.0

How would a high council make people behave themselves?

AliceinNirvana@PearlGarden - 
sparkuri -
AliceinNirvana@PearlGarden - A kid was accidently shot in chicago over the weekend when his dad was the target of a drive-by shooting by a rival gang.

The father of the kid had been arrested 42 times

42 times!!!!!

How is he still on the streests??? Phone Post 3.0

Because crime is a business. Catch and release brings in government revenue. The element also perpetuates criminal activity as the examples are let back out to spread both their influence, and message that crime pays.

I love your screen name btw.
Yeah but after the 27 th or 35 th arrest u would think a judge would say your a lifelong criminal. Ur going to the big house for a long time

Also, unfortunately grunge was the last real music revolution. So i thought id pay a lil homage to the music of my youth;) Phone Post 3.0

The multiple arrest recidivists don't exist in our prison industrial complex. 99% of people in jail are there for first time non violent small quantity drug possession. The war on drugs was designed to hurt the black community......

FedorFan5000 -
baj54 - 
Mark Antony's hangover -
baj54 - That entire elected office needs to get their shit a packing. They should start from the ground up. That mayor is worthless and if her skin colored wasn't what it is she would of never been voted into office. Phone Post 3.0
We all know the reason they're in those offices, in the first place. That's what happens when racism is acceptable in large places like Baltimore Phone Post 3.0
B-more is such a shithole. It's a shame because there is a lot of history in that city but the vast majority of those who live there could give two shits less about it. The entire system needs to be restructured. They need a high council made up of several people from different parts of the city as opposed to one mayor. She was groomed to become mayor from the get go and it's that very reason why she sucks at it. She doesn't give a shit about that city. You can tell by her comments before during and after the riots. Phone Post 3.0

People are going to act how ever they want regardless of leadership except in the case where they have something in common with the person making the rules. If you were to have a group of people making decisions representing more then one subset of culture then it is more likely that the populace would react differently. One person can not lead an entire city made up of such diverse backgrounds. Yes the collective majority voted her into office but it is much so that we see the same result from the current guy holding office. I'm not going to compare the differences between running a nation as opposed to a singular city. If the decisions came from more then one person the people would feel more in touch if they had someone representing their ideals. The idea that one person can represent the majority in a small town is great but the truth becomes more muddled when that one person is trying to represent the collective minds of the many such as the case in any large city. Phone Post 3.0

Lol acting like Bmore wasnt.already shitty Phone Post 3.0

Gforce - 
UltimateKeyboardWarrior - LOL the beat cops are really going to start dragging their feet after this. Baltimore will become even more of a shit hole.

Their union actually dropped a bombshell report calling for his ouster about an hour before he got canned.

Great link to it.

http://www.fop3.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/AAR-Final.pdf

Among other things, he personally walked the lines and told all officers to remove protective equipment like helmet and sunglasses as the bottles and bricks were flying.

Good riddance, ass hole.

He definitely did this. As a result, I know a lot of folks who went to the hospital.

The part everyone is forgetting, though, is that he was doing this at the mayor's direction.

He's simply a scapegoat. The "stand down" order came from her.

The best part is that he will get an almost $200k severance package because he was relieved without cause.

FedorFan5000 -

Police chief

Whatever...

We have entire neighborhoods were people just can't behave. Then when tickets, summons and sentences pile up its "We have profiling! Racial disparity! Police state! Prison industrial pipelines!"

Yet if LEO were to back off and let the inmates run the shitshow then government isn't doing their job!
Ding ding ding

We have a winner!!! Phone Post 3.0

Due to my civilian occupation, I deal with cops all day, every day, so I had a lot of friends who were out on the line for the first few days, and I'm in the Guard, so I was down there for a week as well, and, without getting into too many details, this was a TERRIBLY mismanaged situation.

baj54 - 
FedorFan5000 -
baj54 - 
Mark Antony's hangover -

People are going to act how ever they want regardless of leadership except in the case where they have something in common with the person making the rules. If you were to have a group of people making decisions representing more then one subset of culture then it is more likely that the populace would react differently. One person can not lead an entire city made up of such diverse backgrounds. Yes the collective majority voted her into office but it is much so that we see the same result from the current guy holding office. I'm not going to compare the differences between running a nation as opposed to a singular city. If the decisions came from more then one person the people would feel more in touch if they had someone representing their ideals. The idea that one person can represent the majority in a small town is great but the truth becomes more muddled when that one person is trying to represent the collective minds of the many such as the case in any large city. Phone Post 3.0

"People are going to act how ever they want regardless of leadership except in the case where they have something in common with the person making the rules."

So the police chief therefore must be a criminal to fit the "profile" of the people in this city?

"If you were to have a group of people making decisions representing more then one subset of culture then it is more likely that the populace would react differently."

I have no idea what this means.

"If the decisions came from more then one person the people would feel more in touch if they had someone representing their ideals."

The city's ideals seem to be rampant criminality and tolerance for rampant criminality.

The problem is that this great "collective" of "diversity" is misbehaving. We shouldn't be focusing whether or not the mayor or police chief or high council reflects the many colors of the rainbow. We should be focusing on large swaths of populations that don't behave themselves.

AliceinNirvana@PearlGarden - 
FedorFan5000 -

Police chief

Whatever...

Ding ding ding

We have a winner!!! Phone Post 3.0

You get a VU when I recharge sir

StrikingMMA -

I thought I was gonna see a picture of Irv but bunny was a nice surprise. Phone Post 3.0

FedorFan5000 -
baj54 - 
FedorFan5000 -
baj54 - 
Mark Antony's hangover -

"People are going to act how ever they want regardless of leadership except in the case where they have something in common with the person making the rules."

So the police chief therefore must be a criminal to fit the "profile" of the people in this city?

"If you were to have a group of people making decisions representing more then one subset of culture then it is more likely that the populace would react differently."

"If the decisions came from more then one person the people would feel more in touch if they had someone representing their ideals."

The city's ideals seem to be rampant criminality and tolerance for rampant criminality.

The problem is that this great "collective" of "diversity" is misbehaving. We shouldn't be focusing whether or not the mayor or police chief or high council reflects the many colors of the rainbow. We should be focusing on large swaths of populations that don't behave themselves.

I think your missing the point buddy. The idea is for each subset of the populace to have someone representing them with decisions instead a singular person. As I said bad people are always going to be bad. There is no changing that. What about those citizens who behave who live within the city and feel their interest are not being represented by the current regime? Just representation is a step towards civility. I'm just pointing out that the city as a whole is a failed experiment in civilization. Too many people not willing to change their behavior and not enough representation for those that do. You can spit shine manure as much as you want but the end result is its still shit. Now if you take that manure and nurture it and use it to grow something edible or beautiful it's still shit but it's shit going to help grow something useful. Phone Post 3.0

I wonder if the mayor provided him with a place to riot in his severance package

You look at areas that have been Democratically controlled for yrs and you see the biggest messes we have in our country. Baltimore being a perfect example of a Liberal Utopia.

sub

baj54 - 
FedorFan5000 -
baj54 - 
FedorFan5000 -
baj54 - 
Mark Antony's hangover -

I think your missing the point buddy. The idea is for each subset of the populace to have someone representing them with decisions instead a singular person. As I said bad people are always going to be bad. There is no changing that. What about those citizens who behave who live within the city and feel their interest are not being represented by the current regime? Just representation is a step towards civility. I'm just pointing out that the city as a whole is a failed experiment in civilization. Too many people not willing to change their behavior and not enough representation for those that do. You can spit shine manure as much as you want but the end result is its still shit. Now if you take that manure and nurture it and use it to grow something edible or beautiful it's still shit but it's shit going to help grow something useful. Phone Post 3.0

Okay whatever. I think you just described the Lebanese constitution.

Hamsterdam? Phone Post 3.0

Clearly, he didn't give the good people of Baltimore enough room to destroy.  That kind of small-minded policing is a thing of the past, and the Mayor was having none of it.

FedorFan5000 - 

Police chief

Whatever...

Exactly correct and exactly what I said the police should do when the riots occurred.

Everyone wants to blame the police that go out there day after day dealing with this shit. So just do what you're told.... be less diligent.

The next step I would suggest is building a big wall around the area and install guards in towers.

morotetsuke - I wonder if the mayor provided him with a place to riot in his severance package

This needs way more attention. He should be allowed to riot in a criminals living room.