Bang Muay Thai

Anyone ever trained at one if these?

Theres an affiliate gym rekatively close to me.

Appears to be dutch style

I thought it was interesting he implemented a belt system, but i kinda get mcdojo vibes from it…

1 Like

All I know is his peanut butter is bangin’, yo…

6 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

Dwayne Ludwig has an excellent system to teach anyone self defense skills and improve their fighting ability. Much of it’s teachings are similar to those of Bas Rutten and the old Dutch style of stand up striking.

If you’ve seen any of their instructionals on YouTube then you’ve already familiarized yourself with some of their techniques, but they’re all great and very practical. I’ve learned a lot from them.

GSP is a pretty big fan as well, I believe.

2 Likes

His system is solid as can be. I sparred with him once for a round. He was way smaller and he about kicked my head off and tortured my legs. He has a lot to offer and I hear he has solid standards for his affiliates.

8 Likes

Cool advert. But i dont know if gsp is a fan.

Duane is an awesome technical striker and a great enthusiastic teacher. The late Robert Follis was a big fan and TJ’s results speak for themselves

6 Likes

Bang created the best striker that we have seen in MMA so far. He knows his shit

3 Likes

Fuckin A. Thanks guys.

Was looking for more dutch style to get back into so im hoping this is it.

Its crazy how much of a difference a coach can make.

Duane and hooft both teach the Dutch style. Yet only Duane can make elite strikers. While people regress under Hooft.

4 Likes

GSP and Bas are super tight. There’s a photo I have somewhere of him and Bas at Bas’ Thousand Oaks gym and as you may know, BANG MT is heavily inspired by Bas himself.

1 Like

Back in his KOtC days, wasn’t Bang actually a Bas student? I remember an announcer calling him Baby Bas at one point when he was kicking Shad Smith’s face off of his skull.

2 Likes

Bang was Bas number one student.

3 Likes

Umm who?

1 Like

“My Bang Muay Thai is tight” - TJ Dillashaw after completely destroying Renan Barao who hadn’t lost in a decade. UFC 173: TJ Dillashaw and Renan Barao Octagon Interviews - YouTube

1 Like

Is Bang Muay Thai affiliated with the Bang Bros? If so, I think I’ve seen a couple of their off hours closed gym training sessions.

I dropped in at a few classes at this place out of town. I thought it was an excellent compliment to traditional muay thai. Instead of slamming pads you focus more on technique and hitting gloves. The other guy has to see the kick coming in. It is more technical and I think long term you would be better for it.

But if you want to be a fighter, there is no substitute for hard sparring, road work and a good pad holder

Fuk dat…Slimey cunts

I dropped in for a class the other day.

Definitely was a dutch style which i dig cuz thats my background.

The using your gloves as mits to catch punches is weird to me, rather than just defending properly. But hey if tj dillashaw and rafael corderio do it, then cant be all bad.

The belt system was interesting…. I actually kinda appreciate it because it effectively outlines a curriculum to follow. And again if cordeiro has a belt system, cant be all bad.

Someone said something about “beginners doing long combos”. Its not really like that, they do short combos and teach you how to chain them together.

Overall, had fun and want to join as its the only gym “near” me that has striking, bjj and judo all in one location.

Shitty part is, its a damn near 40 minute drive.

My city has like 10 bjj gyms, and one muay thai gym (that i trained at and didnt like). Theres one gym that has a kickboxing coach come in three days a week, buts its a strictly nogi and more wrestling based as far as grappling goes