Bang x GOMI drawing ((((bad artwork warning))))

I have some extra time on my hands as of late, so I thought I'd post this drawing.

I realize it's mediocre at best and that I'm no bradu or Evan Shoman, but considering my effort and skill level, I thought it turned out pretty good.  I've always liked this photo- it's right after Gomi drops bang on his ass with a punch.

The first is the original photo I drew it from, then my original sketch scanned in, and the last is the drawing after adjusting the brightness/contrast and saturation on Photoshop. 

1 Like

Yeah, that's fucking terrible.

Gomi's got Titos jaw

and a bit of trisotomy

1 Like

Nose and eyes are too big, but it's not bad :) It's a good photo.

1 Like

your stuff would wind up in a museum 10x faster than mine. you actually did a phenomenal job with perspective. keep at it brother!

starts slow clap

Thanks Japetto.

I actually agree with everyone else though, thus the disclaimer.

I suck at drawing faces, but I've actually improved a little bit in drawing hands and fingers.  I didn't draw it from the actual photo, just a black and white print-out of it, so the details of Bang's back and some others were weren't very clear.

Way better then anything i can do.  Nice work.

1 Like

Wow great job!  Now try this pic. 

thread title is correct

shoman - your stuff would wind up in a museum 10x faster than mine. you actually did a phenomenal job with perspective. keep at it brother!

Hey Evan.  I appreciate the compliment, but I firmly believe you're entirely full of shit.  I'm just a doodler, but my fiance is an art major, and I've picked up a lot from her and having her drawings and paintings plastered all over the house.  Thanks again for the kind words, and the note on the perspective.  Gomi's left arm is too long though.

Thanks to JOB and Card as well. 

LOL nice

i suck at teh drawing. way better than anything i can do. still sucks, but you're kicking my ass with it. my mom was an artist (amazing one) but didn't really show it often and even when she sold something she had a real hard time giving it up. she always said it was for her, no one else. so fuck the haters.now draw me a picture of that scared spinning chick!!!!-MM

Gold star for Sandy.

Okay everyone... time for recess.

I think the pic looks good! people hate on this board just to hate or invoke a negative reaction.

I'm an artists also. So you don't have the problem with eyes and faces anymore remember the human head is usually (minus hgh) 5 eyes across.

apply your shading techniques to the eye sockets and nose and you'll see a dramatic change.

btw.... excellent choice to draw!

Sandy Panties - 

I suck at drawing ...

i agree with you, that is really really bad.

Unless you're 6.

why the harshness?  ridicule should be saved for those who choose to never try.

sandy, cool drawing. keep it up.

Sorry if that came across a bit harsh earlier. It's not a great drawing, but you're definitely very autistic and have some potential.