Banks freaking suck

I wrote a check for $617.31. Only, on the part where you write it out, I put Six Hundred Seventeen and 00/100. Because I am so used to putting 00/100.

And they refused to cash it, and now the vendor is charging me penalties and interest. Why the heck couldn't they cash it for the lesser amount? It makes no sense to refuse cashing it entirely.

Sounds like first world problems to me... 

1 Like

Its a stupid fine. Meaning, its a fine for being stupid. Wb SaltyNutz

3 Likes

Interesting. It's been forever since I wrote a cheque, but the last time I had an error, I just scribbled it out, and corrected it, with my initials there, and it was honoured.

Perhaps this is different, depending on which bank you're at?

TheVandalz - Its a stupid fine. Meaning, its a fine for being stupid. Wb SaltyNutz

I legit giggled out loud...  "GOL"

I thought they were supposed to go by the textual amount if there was a discrepancy

TzTinkle -

I thought they were supposed to go by the textual amount if there was a discrepancy

Yup

MyDaddy - I wrote a check for $617.31. Only, on the part where you write it out, I put Six Hundred Seventeen and 00/100. Because I am so used to putting 00/100.

And they refused to cash it, and now the vendor is charging me penalties and interest. Why the heck couldn't they cash it for the lesser amount? It makes no sense to refuse cashing it entirely.

Nice humble brag that you got over $600 in your account 

1 Like

Another unfunny alt/troll

TheVandalz - Its a stupid fine. Meaning, its a fine for being stupid. Wb SaltyNutz

1 Like
MyDaddy - I wrote a check for $617.31. Only, on the part where you write it out, I put Six Hundred Seventeen and 00/100. Because I am so used to putting 00/100.

Hi homeslice

sicko - 

Nice humble brag that you got over $600 in your account 

or does he??

$617? That's a lot of Rubbermaid drawer units. 

the written out number takes precedence over the numerical value and should have been cashed for that.

Never wrote a cheque in my life.

Can mods just ban the entire subnet where homeslice is from? 

iclimb513 - 

the funny part is that homeslice is just Sak's ear. he does all this for fun. one sn that everyone loves and one that everyone hates

Fan of Fanboys -
iclimb513 - 

the funny part is that homeslice is just Sak's ear. he does all this for fun. one sn that everyone loves and one that everyone hates

I doubt it, if it were true then Sak has been playing this character across several dozen forums for over a decade.