Baptists are #1 sex offenders

http://www.reformation.com/

This is for a certain idiot on this forum who seems to think that the catholic church is the only organization with problems concerning sexual misconduct amongst the clery.

Looks like you backwoods baptist buttfuckers are no better. Squeal like a pig hornbuckle. I have had enough of your bullshit.

You want to go to war. You got it! I can and will show you how fucked up the protestant church has been in the past, and how they still have many problems.

Maybe you will get it threw your thick head that we are all sinners who have, and do commit evil acts.

I have no urge to pick on protestants but you need to learn a lesson in christian charity the hard way.

BTW, The Pope, and many other prominant catholic leaders, and it's members have spoken out about reform within the church.

I apoligize to all the good baptists out there. I know you are good people. But this guy is an embarassment. If he was talking this shit to me when I was a member I would rebuke his ass.

Waits for St. Kolbe to rebuke me

LMAO! Good post, Darren.

Mr. Hornbuckle, what do you have to say for your Baptist Church?

From Cherrpickers link:

"We would be naïve and dishonest were we to say this is a Roman Catholic problem and has nothing to do with us because we have married and female priests in our church. Sin and abusive behavior know no ecclesial or other boundaries." Rt. Rev. William Persell, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Chicago, Good Friday Sermon, 2002."

What say you, Jason Hornbuckle?

lol @ this. I would never defend any criminal in the baptist church. I have nevere claimed to be a better person than any Catholic on here, or that I have some special knowledge of God that they don't.

whatever you want to say about Catholicsm, there was a concerted, deliberate effort on the part of the Church to shield criminal priests from the law. Also, the Vatican said as recently as 3 weeks ago that they weren't sure a zero tolerance policy towards pedophiles was the way to go

If that bothers you, maybe you should work on reforming the Church instead of confronting me for pointing it out

"This is just more of the same inter denominational idiocy that makes christians such a pain in the ass, not only can younot see any other way as right but christianity but you can't even see any other way but your own narrow little denominational interpretation of it."

Sorry, Catholicism is not a Christian denomination. Denominations are Protestant entities.

"Sure all churches have issues with sex offenders but really none have taken it to such incredibly high levels of incidence and systemic cover-up"

Oh really? How many other Church's have YOU heard of? None. They aren't covering anything up?

"Sorry that pisses you off but its not anyone else fault but your church, you priests did the dirty and your administration covered it up even at the expense of putting these obvious child sex offenders back in positions of authority where they had close proximity to children."

The fact that you point it out doesn't piss me off at all. I wholeheartedly agree that members of the Catholic Church have failed miserably.

What I will point out though, is that sex abuse is NO MORE PREVALENT IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH THAN IT IS IN SOCIETY AS A WHOLE, AND ESPECIALLY IN OTHER RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS.

However, I don't expect you to understand that Bludhall. You are so afraid to choose to believe in something...anything...that you hide behind your whole "I refuse to be defined" attitude.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

"In short the church worried about everything thier reputation, thier power and themselves. The children and its own parishners came absolutly last in the equation."

Sadly, for the most part, you are correct.

"This problem was horrificly systemic, 3000 cases just in the time we have been able to research, imagine how far back this sort of horro has been perpetrated."

Actually, it likely does not go too far back. In large part, the sex abuse is a direct result of the homosexuals that were permitted into the priesthood during the 60's and 70's. During this time of free love, experimentation, and cultural revolution, those running the seminaries let everyone down terribly.

"And worst of all look what lengths it took to finally get the Church to address its critical failure."

Correct. We are not denying any of this.

"I understand your pissed, but take your pissed where it belongs on the doorstep of your catholic church."

I have already done so. Plenty of times.

"This certainly doesn't negate all the other positive things the catholic church has done"

Thank you

"so you really have no right to sit here spewing your vitriolic inter denominational hatred at a protestant."

I suggest you read some of Hornbuckles posts. This is meant as a "people in glass houses" post.

"You are disgrace to your religion, shut up, turn off your computer and go meditate on something saner than your viewpoint for while."

At least I can tell you what I believe, and it doesn't include any hodgepodge of Buddhism, Islam, athiest, Orthodox, etc, etc, etc...your fear of standing for something is causing you great confusion.

"I would never defend any criminal in the baptist church. I have nevere claimed to be a better person than any Catholic on here, or that I have some special knowledge of God that they don't."

Jason, surely you must be outraged at this behavior of those in your Church! But wait....WHERE ARE ALL OF YOUR POSTS ON THIS OUTRAGE?!??!?!?!

You are so transparent, it's ridiculous.

StKolbe, you quoted an Episcopalian.

"StKolbe, you quoted an Episcopalian."

I know...that was my intent. Did I miss something?

You missed the thread title. This is a Baptist-bashing thread.

Heh...point taken, and my apologies!

"oh so the gay priests were just somehow let in??"

Given the social climate of the time, is that so difficult to believe?

"Not too many people were shocked at the numbers of gay catholic priests. I mean lets face it with the big gold wand, the cape, the smoke and the pageantry..... nah that wasn't gay in the slightest."

LOL!

"Glad to see you guys have found a way to blame it all, on the sinful 60's..*rolls eyes*"

Who is "you guys"? Independent audits and investigations have confirmed this. If you would like, I can point you to their results.

"Actually, it likely does not go too far back. In large part, the sex abuse is a direct result of the homosexuals that were permitted into the priesthood during the 60's and 70's. During this time of free love, experimentation, and cultural revolution, those running the seminaries let everyone down terribly. "

Not true.

Sexual abuse against sisters in convents has been commited by many fathers.

Tell about the stories of abortions inside the church walls.

By the way, it is quite curious that near a catholic school ruled by brothers, there use to have another catholic school ruled by sisters. Love is wonderful, isn´t it? :-)

"Not true."

Donna, it is a truth, supported by independent audits and investigations. If you would like to read the results yourself, which support my statements, let me know and I will find the links for you.

"Sexual abuse against sisters in convents has been commited by many fathers."

Sources?

"Tell about the stories of abortions inside the church walls."

Huh? Sources?

"By the way, it is quite curious that near a catholic school ruled by brothers, there use to have another catholic school ruled by sisters. Love is wonderful, isn´t it? :-)"

I'm not even sure what you said here...

StKolbe

What came to light lately is due the fact that the victims are civilians.

Can you imagine what kind of rights the sisters have to bring it to public? Do you really believe you are going to find "sources"?

It is still a very underground subject, as well as lesbianism between sisters.

And don´t you come with that weird excuse that "it is not published, therefore it does not exist".

"Can you imagine what kind of rights the sisters have to bring it to public? Do you really believe you are going to find "sources"?

It is still a very underground subject, as well as lesbianism between sisters. "

LMAO!!!!! Donna, that is seriously too funny to even respond to. As gusto said, you make the claim, be ready to back it up.

No, thank you.

It is a forum, not an university.

I don´t have to back up anything I´m saying.

Well, I found it.

http://www.natcath.com/NCR_Online/archives/031601/031601a.htm

this is why I don't post here much anymore

:(

yours in Christ

sherm

Sorry you had to see this Sherm.

To everyone,

I snapped. I have no hate towards protestants. I was pissed at Jason, and lost it. This forum brings out the worst in me sometimes. I still have some growing up to do.

Funny thing is when people point out problems with RC church I usually agree. I felt Jason was going overboard with all the sex scandal stuff he was posting but that is no excuse for me to attack him. I will handle it better in the future.

LMAO at Minotauro's pic, and post.