Barão: My opponents make more $$ than me; Pay ME!

Barão earn less than rival without belt and asks for an increase in the UFC

"I'm very happy being an UFC champion. But i would like to improve my contract. Actually, an example: i know that Faber is a much older guy on the UFC, but he's not even the champion and has a much better purse than mine"

"It is what it is, we're working for it to improve. I hope that after this fight i can have a much better contract. I hope it improves everyday. This depends on the contract*, but i hope they remember that i saved an event"

"I prefer to rest a little more, but the UFC needed me, so I'm here to save the event. Unfortunately, Weidman got injured, so they called me and i accepted.
It's always good to fight in these big events, i was pretty happy"

http://esporte.uol.com.br/mma/ultimas-noticias/2014/04/22/abre-o-bolso-dana-barao-ganha-menos-que-rival-sem-cinturao-e-pede-aumento.htm

This is the guy with a real complaint about his money. Not the guys who've lost when they fight top 5 fighters demanding to be the highest paid guys in their division Phone Post 3.0

GregBell - See the problem here is Faber is 5x as marketable as barao IMO great fighter but yeah Faber at 157 he got the 2nd biggest "pop" to Rhonda. Casuals that don't even watch mma know Uriah mostly woman.
It still seems weird that the UFC doesn't make their champs the highest paid guys in their division. Phone Post 3.0

It kind of makes sense that Faber would make more than him, but certainly not Dillashaw.

Madrugadao - Another low level fighter complaining because they are not making millions.

Work your way up the ranks Barao. Once you are champ, the big money starts rolling in.

Also, if you stop wrestling everyone to death and put on an exciting fight every now and again, you will (maybe) start to get cash thrown at you, in the form of the super secret (shitty reported purse justifying) bonus.
Fake tap, fake tap, pay me more!

Oh the nerve

Shave your stupid beard barrarroe Phone Post 3.0

Renan Barao: $22,000 ($11,000 to show, $11,000 win bonus)

4 defenses in with two wins over Urijah, that is incredible.

The cost of living in Brazil is FUCKING low!

- Dana White Phone Post 3.0

Don_Dada - 

Renan Barao: $22,000 ($11,000 to show, $11,000 win bonus)

4 defenses in with two wins over Urijah, that is incredible.

Please tell me he's making those "locker room bonuses".

Faber is super popular. Barao, although one of the best, isn't quite as popular outside of Brazil. Not sure why people still don't understand this...

GregBell - Makes perfect sense to me lets not like act like zuffa doesn't dream about Uriah becoming one of their champs he's Star.
It isn't just Faber it's that whole team. Look at who they gave Dillishaw and Mendes in the last couple years. They were specifically trying to get them in title fights Phone Post 3.0

Kyle Cooley - Faber is super popular. Barao, although one of the best, isn't quite as popular outside of Brazil. Not sure why people still don't understand this...
People understand it fine. I think we'd just like to see Barao rewarded for what he's done in the cage even regardless of if he's the most popular fighter. Phone Post 3.0

Someone in his camp should really get him to learn english. Same thing with jose aldo, they would both earn 6-7 more figures per fight if he could do interviews in english. He basically isn't promotable here and we are the ones buying the ppv's. Phone Post 3.0

Stea1th - Problem is people will pay to see faber regardless if he has the strap or not.

Honestly not to make it seem like fighter bashing, but out of all the champs barao is one of my least favorite that I care to watch. Phone Post 3.0
That seems like self bashing imo Phone Post 3.0

Pay this man Phone Post 3.0

Elyrain - Someone in his camp should really get him to learn english. Same thing with jose aldo, they would both earn 6-7 more figures per fight if he could do interviews in english. He basically isn't promotable here and we are the ones buying the ppv's. Phone Post 3.0

so youre saying your dick doesnt get hard when they brutally knock someone out? WTF is wrong with you, bro?

Simple for Barao - Learn English
It really is that simple help increase your drawing power in the states.
It is what it is. Learn to charm the American audience and you can take more money out of their pockets land the bigger sponsors.
Higher a PR firm get yourself on talk shows get your face out their.
Faber is or has very good people marketing him, hence his position popularity and in result financial rewards which prove a lower weight fighter really can make big money.
The majority of UFC events are in the US and belts are for the most part contested in the states or attempt to draw from the US market via PPV or Network. SOOOOO
you have to become marketable to the audience you most likely will fight in front of and make them enamored with you.
Barao's skill are without question but unfortunately that is not enough.
Why have so few fighters not followed the path of the fighters who found success.

Dress like a gentleman, get in line with the right brands and learn to interact with your audience.

For fucks sake just copy what GSP did. he was the biggest star in the sport in native country but realized he needed to do that in the US as well and he did. Hence why he is a multi millionaire.

Disgusting.  Championships should come with at least a "you win the belt, your pay automatically goes up to $100,000" clause.  

His pay,is absolute bullshit. Especially, considering the president of the company calls him the p4p best in the world. Hypocrisy at it's finest. Phone Post 3.0

Disgusting. One of the best fighters in the entire sport right now.

"The UFC will start getting freak athletes".

Yeah fucking right. Who the fuck wants to fight for peanuts? Unless you're Jon Jones, Ronda, GSP or Silva, you're not getting enough. Even then, top champs need to get that top player money. A bench Warmer on the worst team in the MLB makes more than 97% of the UFC roster.