Barboza manager: Nate Diaz declined fight

High risk, low reward at the time it was offered I suppose. Phone Post 3.0

Technical Primates -
GrindOnLine - 
Technical Primates -
GrindOnLine - 1) I don't think he refused and it was a contract issue
2) if he refused is because barbo got destroyed by vagner and cerone and he is trying to move needles headlining.

3) love barboza and still won't put this one on him but I hate that angle. His management need to stop ASAP Phone Post 3.0

Got destroyed by Cerrone?? Did you even watch that fight? He was lighting Cerrone up before he got stunned with that hard jab coming in and then finished with a choke. How is that getting destoryed?  And as I recall he was winning the fight against Varner also. 

I have watched it.
Now put yourself in Nate shoes and tell me if you are going to bother with the little details. Phone Post 3.0

Okay I'm in Nate's shoes and I'm not gonna bother.

No seriously I don't know what you mean.

Barbo lasted 3.15 vs Cerone.
Cerone got dominated for 15mn by Nate.

Why would Nate take the fight?

Nate s fighting the guy who just ktfo the exiting champion.

Smart move by Nate.

As I said, I like barbo but lets stop pretending that the early success he had against Cerone means anything to Nate. Phone Post 3.0

Not surprised to hear a Diaz dodging an opponent.

Why u scared homie?!?! Phone Post 3.0

kingkoopa - Not surprised to hear a Diaz dodging an opponent.

Yup, he dodged the #13 guy to fight the #1 guy. Makes sense. Phone Post 3.0

Technical Primates -
2) if he refused is because barbo got destroyed by vagner and cerone and he is trying to move needles headlining.

3) love barboza and still won't put this one on him but I hate that angle. His management need to stop ASAP Phone Post 3.0

Got destroyed by Cerrone?? Did you even watch that fight? He was lighting Cerrone up before he got stunned with that hard jab coming in and then finished with a choke. How is that getting destoryed?  And as I recall he was winning the fight against Varner also. 

Jabbed, dropped, strangled!= destroyed lol. He ->WAS<- winning Phone Post 3.0

I call bullshit Phone Post 3.0

kids not a needle mover

Technical Primates - 

It doesn't matter if you get dropped by a half ass jab or a hard jab, at the end of the day you got dropped by a jab.

Nate saved him an ass whoopin. He should be thanking nate. Phone Post 3.0

How about a cowboy rematch killer... Phone Post 3.0

rockfists - Nate saved him an ass whoopin. He should be thanking nate. Phone Post 3.0

Doubt it. Did you see the Barboza vs Green? Green and Diaz have a similar style; no way Nate wins.

Nate would TKO him. I said it.

Revik -
rockfists - Nate saved him an ass whoopin. He should be thanking nate. Phone Post 3.0

Doubt it. Did you see the Barboza vs Green? Green and Diaz have a similar style; no way Nate wins.
Green and Nate have a similar style? What because Green was talking shit in the cage? Lol ok bro Phone Post 3.0

Hate420 -

Dos isnt the #1 guy

Pettis, Gil, Khabib r all above him.

Plus Barbo is a tougher match up stylistically Phone Post 3.0

cwashrohawk - Winner of Ferguson and Trujillo would be a fantastic matchup
I like this. Phone Post 3.0

Sir Psycho Sexy - 
Revik -

Green and Nate have a similar style? What because Green was talking shit in the cage? Lol ok bro Phone Post 3.0

Because they are both one dimensional strikers that walk forward. Barboza can simply chop his leg down or head kick him.

fenatic - Complete bull shit. Nate Diaz didn't turn down that fight for any other reason than he was in a contract disagreement. Manager is trying to spin it to sound good for his fighter. Joker. Phone Post 3.0

"Manager is trying to spin it to sound good for his fighter."

oh the horror!! who woulda thunk about that???

now let's stop pretending that RDA isn't a much better matchup from a risk/reward standpoint.

Revik - 
Sir Psycho Sexy - 
Revik -

Because they are both one dimensional strikers that walk forward. Barboza can simply chop his leg down or head kick him.

Green doesnt walk forward. He is a counter fighter, thats why he spends so much time talking in the cage

You cant chop someone down while backpeddling from the onslaught coming at you, ask Cerrone

kingkoopa -
Hate420 -

Dos isnt the #1 guy

Pettis, Gil, Khabib r all above him.

Plus Barbo is a tougher match up stylistically Phone Post 3.0
Ok, so #4 guy over the #13 guy, lol. It doesn't change much. Which fight does more for his career? It's common sense. Phone Post 3.0

GSPsShadyHandWraps - 
Revik - 
Sir Psycho Sexy - 
Revik -

Green doesnt walk forward. He is a counter fighter, thats why he spends so much time talking in the cage

You cant chop someone down while backpeddling from the onslaught coming at you, ask Cerrone

He's been forced to be agressive these past few fights.
Cerrone had no head movement or good footwork in that fight. While Barboza has been improving his movement with Frankie Edgar.