Baret Yoshida's DVDs

Burton,

I only train no-gi so I am always looking for intructionals dedicated to SW as a sport.  I would love to see Baret do another set where he focuses on other aspects of the game including positional escapes and submission escape/counters. 

Guys, I own practically every instructional tape or dvd released since the pedro carvalho, gracie basics, days.
....If there were a cyclone tonite and could only take a small bag of instrucionals.....Barets stuff would be in this bag!!!!!

He is way clearer than Joe Moreira and his techniques are combat-created (meaning created and tested until perfected in sparring and competition).....most of all.....high percentage when mastered!

I am gaining nothing from posting this, if this does not convince you, it's alright.......the ones buying them will love it, guaranteed!!!!

Thanks Seek,
That is a great testimonial! Combat-created is a
great term. I think I was Baret's first actual
student. We would roll, catch me in something, then
I'd ask about it. He had a VERY hard time explaining
what he was doing, because he just developed
everything through rolling and competition. Now, he
is a very good teacher, which has actually made him an
even better fighter. He is really incredible.

TTT for Baret.

Is there a certain name to this instructional DVD, or is there just the one out?

where's baret training these days?

ttt for these discs

Another baret set would be good

escapes and passing and the guillotine w/ all the details and variants would be good

There is only one set out, available at www.jkdunlimited.com. Baret trains in Ewa Beach, Hawaii, and we get together at Grappling Unlimited. We may work on producing a new set later this year. He has made so many innovations it is just amazing.

Is this Dvd the same one that came out with his book?
Or is this something totally different?

I agree Baret is awesome. Ive rolled with him a few times, and his game is solid. Funny thing about that is that I didnt even know it was him the first couple
of times. He is really laid back and always helpful to
everyone he rolls with.

ttt for Baret

thanks burton, i appreciate the info.

Slowjoe, this dvd set is an old 3 vhs set converted to dvd that has been produced by Burton. The book + dvd combo is produced by a Japanese company, Airyudo. So it's different although they do contain some of the same material.

Thanks Mem,
It also has some bonus footage on each of the DVDs not found on the VHS tapes. Very good instructionals and fun to watch Baret do his thing.

Thanks membrane.

Combat-created is the perfect explanation for Baret's style. I remember in 2003 when Baret was training for the Abu Dhabi, he was perfecting some of his guillotine escapes. At the time he said his escape still had to be "field-tested". guess what?

While he was in the tournament, he "allowed" Soca to lock on a tight arm-in guillotine. He then proceeded to escape using his counter. When to came back to hawaii he was pretty stoked that his counter achieve "field-tested" status.