Both.

BJJ.

Catch

BJJ

Genious - NJPW

I change my answer. This is correct.

Anything he says he is.

Anything he says he is.

Well there is an obvious difference between what Barnett did tonight and what Werdum did tonight.

thesleeper - Well there is an obvious difference between what Barnett did tonight and what Werdum did tonight.

Yeah Werdum fought a fighter with takedown defense. 

Or, Barnett is just plain better at takedowns. Barnett would probably school Werdum in a straight grappling match.

I'm sure no one wants a serious answer but here is one. Josh has some BJJ in his game, but he doesn't wrestle like a BJJer. He doesn't wrestle like a wrestler who has learned submissions. He applies a different energy and rides in ways that are different. He and Paulson and many others call that Catch Wrestling and they might know more than the people who genuinely believe Seagal is teaching Anderson.

Just saying.

thesleeper - Or, Barnett is just plain better at takedowns. Barnett would probably school Werdum in a straight grappling match.

Pfft Barnett competes in local tournaments against journeymen and Werdum has won ADCC. 

Get out of here with this bullshit. 

^^^^

Josh Barnett won the no-gi world championships and the gracie open in 2009.

Has he ever won ADCC?

Combat Submission Wrestling = Machado BJJ + Catch Wrestling

Josh, Erik. Come one on now. Come out of the closet.
Stop this BS.
The art you practice is BJJ.

If it wasn't for UFC1 and GJJ, only history buffs would know of this collar and elbow wrestling you claim to be purveyors of. It's one step away from eye gouging.

It's awfully 1998 in this thread.

dermotfix - Josh, Erik. Come one on now. Come out of the closet.
Stop this BS.
The art you practice is BJJ.

If it wasn't for UFC1 and GJJ, only history buffs would know of this collar and elbow wrestling you claim to be purveyors of. It's one step away from eye gouging.

royce, renzo, Come one on now. Come out of the closet.

stop this bs.
the art you practice is judo.

if it wasn't for public libraries and library books you wouldn't even know what a triangle is.

BJJ emphasizes the bottom game (newaza) more than any other style.

Catch does not. It emphasizes the top game and takedowns, like wrestling.

Despite their roots in submission wrestling, I am sure both Erik and Josh would rather call what they do japanese ju-jitsu (JJJ) before they would call it BJJ.