Barnett vs Crocop Confirmed

fantastic matchup

This fight WILL go to the ground.

I predict an easy win by Josh, which will put him back in the thick of things.

Barnett via ground 'n pound from mount...maybe a straight armbar.

Cro-Cop's a bad ass, but Josh is a top 3 fighter who simply has had another focus as of late (NJPW).

you guys are way off. josh can win . i know , look slike a sloppy bastid but he can fight.

Crocop won't be able to avoid the takedown by Barnett. Barnett will then submit him or GNP him easily.

as usual josh loses on paper and he definately wont win the body-beautiful contest... he will win the fight though, and make it look easy

barnett needs to close the distance or else it's lights out.

"barnett has no sub skills compared to nog."

True, but he does have GnP skills far beyond Nog's, I'll give him that much -- his KO of Rene Rooze with GnP was pretty brutal.

Barnett will win this fight without question.

Crocop has no ground skills to speak of and he will get tooled out the same way that Mino did to him.

Mark my words!

Silva and Hendo are also guaranteed wins IMHO.

Hope this fight goes through.

Barnett could make history. He could be the first man to make highlight reels in both major MMA organizations by being Ko'd from hands and feet.

Will it happen?

"Crocop has no ground skills to speak of and he will get tooled out the same way that Mino did to him."

The punishment Nogueira took on the way to "tooling" Crocop would have finished Barnett in the first round. And Mirko's takedown defense has gotten even better since that fight.

"Silva and Hendo are also guaranteed wins IMHO."

See the "Who's dumb enough to pick Rampage" thread for why Silva is far from a guaranteed win. And Nakamura has looked very impressive in his last few fights; I'd say that fight is far from a lock as well.

I just think that, having not beaten any top fighters in the current HW scene, he can't be legitimately placed among them yet. "

Correct.

Good Lord,

Could they have given Hendo a bigger gift?

"Could they have given Hendo a bigger gift?"

You think? I've been pretty impressed with Nakamura in the three fights I've seen.

Awesome fight

If it goes to the ground...then Josh wins

If it stays on the feet...then CroCop wins

Smokin'Guns, Nakamura is a very good fighter. He has shown a lot of skills winning most of his fights...including one over Bustamante.

Having said that...I think Dan will win...but it won't be easy for him