Baroni and Shamrock tele pres conf

LOL @ Frank saying he wants to fight the best, and then mentioning Cung Le, Ken(!), and rematches with Renzo and Baroni...

ttt for Crayola!

Cindy

I hope Baroni loses, he always claims to be the best then goes out and loses every big fight he's in. And gives the same story about how he's training his ass off but gasses after two rounds. Claims to be the knockout king but was scared to stand and trade with the Japanese boxer who isnt even top 50 in his weight class. Yo Phil, until you actually beat a contender shut up.

Can't wait for this fight . Frank lost a LOOOONG time fan in me after his behavior during and after the Renzo fight.

I've always rooted for Frank and WAS rooting for him against Baroni......Not anymore. I hope Baroni lands his shots.

""Phil doesn't get this, but I'm an artist," said Shamrock. "I study the art of fighting."

"Frank's an artist?" Baroni grunted. "After I knock you out, I'll buy you a box of crayons and you can be an artist. This isn't an exhibition. I'm a fucking fighter. There's gonna be a fight. I'm gonna pound your fucking head off."

Classic Baroni, that was fucking hillarious. TTT for 64 Crayolas with a built in sharperer in the box.

NYBA by brutal KO. No doubt.

and beat Sonen

"What opportunities were those? The opportunity NOT to fight in the UFC?"

Back in the day he ducked Vitor like crazy. He turned down a rematch with Tito (knowing Tito would have run through him easily), turned down a fight with Sakuraba. Basicaly Frank made sure he would never fight in the UFC or Pride. Every other guy could come to terms but Frank. It must be a big conspiracy to keep Frank Shamrock down. Or it just might have been his asinine demands and lack of desire to face real competition.

Look at who Frank has fought in the last 7 years.

A K1 fight with Shannon ?where is my check? Ritch.

Elvis, he is nice but far from top competition. And at that point in time one couldn?t even use his win over Horn to try and say other wise.

Pardoe, a guy who has lost to everyone of note he has every fought and some other opponents too.

Cesar Gracie, a guy who had never fought MMA, but at least he had a special last name.

Renzo, who despite being old and very one dimensional was handing Frank his ass.

Now he wants to fight Baroni, Cung Le, Renzo, and Baroni again. I am thouroughly convinced that Frank wants to fight the best of the best. If the last 7 years cannot convince you then those plans right there should. Frank would get killed by any top ten 185 lber. Think of what Renzo was doing to him and now imagine that being Filho.

I understand Franks options are limited by having burned bridges with the UFC but why not look to fight the best 185 lber not with the UFC, Lindland. No he wants the above guys first, stretched out over a couple years I am sure.

Frank will never be relevant to MMA again. Even if he beats Baroni, Renzo and Cung so what? Who cares? That wouldn?t put Frank in the top 20 of 185 lbers. If he loses to Baroni he will instantly be banished even further into the land of irrelevance. I have no doubt he will keep talking even from there however.

Seriously Franks only wins of note include Igor Z, Horn, and a young Tito Ortiz.

Vitor was barely in the UFC when Frank retired. Frank was ready to quit before UFC Brazil.. he fought in UFC Brazil only because they got him Lober.. he held out for another year before fighting Tito and walking away.

Any idea what his big paydays as the champ were? Aside from Tito, barely 10k. He was their top draw, dominant champ and could have made as much money doing retail.

So he retired.. the only reason SEG paid him more for Tito was they were pretty sure Tito would win.

Say what you will of his antics nowadays, but back then he did the right thing.. money was shit.. not all UFC's fault, as it was their lowest point.. but he had plenty reason not to be fighting anyone for the peanuts the sport offered him.

lol @ Frank ducking Vitor, that has always been a joke.

Vitor was all puffed up and fighting heavyweight anyway.

I think the only serious time it might have been in talks with Frank in the early stages and Frank got injured in class by a student doing a jumping scissor sweep takedown and fucking Franks ankle up than Vitor had a bunch of issues, etc...it never was taht close to happening.

I want to hear about this jumping scissors sweep takedown! If a student can injure him with this, what's his answer going to be for Cung's scissor takedown???

lol, it was Seth I believe and he rolled over Franks ankle and might have fractured it, it was a long time ago dray.

This was back when AKA was on foxworthy, I'm getting old.

Was Seth trying to show off for one of his trophy broads? Taking out the champ aint a bad way to do it...

Fuck yea Phil. I know he will win, Shamrock seems to have become a strict sprawl and brawler with no sprawl. If they trade, Baroni will wreck him.

LOL @ UFC MW class being a bunch of bums and reality tv rejects.

There were never any serious talks of Shamrock vs. Vitor in UFC. Ever.

Shamrock retired from UFC after beating Ortiz. He was never with UFC to turn down a rematch. Besides, we learned from Sakuraba that facing guys who outweigh you by 30 pounds isn't good for your career.

Shamrock never turned down Sakuraba. He flew to Japan on his own to try and make a deal for the fight. Pride wouldn't sign the fight.

This fight is huge..

Rob that brings back alot of memories talking about the old school aka academy. What ever happened to Seth? I remember training with him while I was there. The guy had some serious potential.

Bruce

MMA4LIFE

I believe Seth still trains on and off, he was training down in Santa Cruz for awhile and I believe goes up to San Jose every now and than, he was a slick grappler.

Get em' Frank.

Shamrock should win, but then again, I had him beating Renzo. I just think that Phil is B level. Not to say B isn't a good level, but he can't hang w/ Hendo, or Silva, Franklin ect.

He's a big mouth and always has been.

I'm not saying Frank is perfect, but, he's just a better fighter than Phil.