Baroni On Liddell-Silva & More ...

The following is an excerpt from a new www.mmanews.com interview with Phil Baroni

MMANews.com: Do you think Dan Henderson will go back to 185 and fight middleweight or do you think he'll stay at light heavyweight.

Phil Baroni: From what I hear he's looking to wrap it up. He's accomplished a lot of his goals. He's a champion in multiple weight classes. I think he just wants to win that UFC title. The guy has money and he's been wrestling forever. From what I gather I think he's going for that title. I don't think he's coming back down to middleweight. I work with his stand-up coach who coached him for Wanderlei Silva [Shawn Tompkins] and he said he thinks he'll most likely be staying at light heavyweight. Dan's crazy you know? He fights anyone. I say he's probably sick of dieting and he'll stick at 205. He beat Wanderlei Silva and there was never a more dominant champion in the sport at 205 than Wanderlei Silva.

MMANews.com: Who would you pick in the Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva fight people have been clamouring about for so many years that seems to be a possibility again?

Phil Baroni: I think that fight has lost its' appeal. I really don't care anymore. I'm not sure who would win it, they're both great fighters and I'm friends with Chuck but I'm not really interested in that fight anymore. I think a bigger fight now would be Wanderlei vs. Rampage, even though Silva has beaten him twice I still think it could be a big-big fight. Dan Henderson vs. Rampage Jackson is an interesting fight but there's no storyline there, bad blood, there's nothing intriguing there. So I think the fight they should have done was Wanderlei Silva vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson but I'm not the promoter I'm just a fighter.

MMANews.com: Did you catch your old friend Matt Lindland vs. Fedor Emelianenko [laughs]?

To read the complete interview, go to

http://www.mmanews.com/other/Very-In-Depth-Interview-With-NYBA-Phil-Baroni.html

ttt

"If he knees me in the head I'm going to take him down and stomp his fucking head. He picked the wrong cat if he wants to get dirty. I think he's talking a lot of shit and his mouth is writing checks his ass can't cash and he's bitten off more than he can chew."

Baroni is correct! And is the man! :)

ttt

"I think a bigger fight now would be Wanderlei vs. Rampage, even though Silva has beaten him twice I still think it could be a big-big fight."

Baroni is 100% correct on this!

I hope Baroni wrecks Shamrock. Just absolutely wrecks him.

i just hope Phil can last for 5 rounds.

The Phil i remember used to get gased nearly as quick as Tank

We've interviewed him a bunch since '02 and we seem to be lucky to get the down-to-earth Phil every time. He's given us some great quotes along the years. This was a great interview IMO.

PHIL by KTFO!!!

ttt

I was on the phone with Phil last friday night, and while we were talking he goes

"WTF? Some drunk dude is yelling and waving at me."

Phil SMASH Frank, please and thank you.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket