Baroni vs. Amir on the main card!

caposa - Let's be real for a second

Im from LI, Im a big fan of Baronis

his fight with Amir does not belong on a UFC PPV main card

as a Spike prelim? Hell yea

but come on now, we are talking 13-11 vs 1-1

Finally, a little sanity around here.

The card didn't make the main card because of Baroni. That was Amir's doing.

Sure, their records don't seem PPV worthy, but Baroni always brings it...is a fan favorite and goes back a long time.

I don't see anything wrong with having a "fun" fight on the main card from time to time.

Plus, this is Baroni at 170. I think if he had stayed at 170 his record would be better.

NYBA!

Here's the thing

I mean abolutely no disrespect towards Baroni

I hope he KOs Sadollah and I know what a warrior Phil is

we just need to start setting a level of expectation for the PPV main cards, and stop just being happy with whatever they put out there

it's not like UFC shows entire cards start to finish, we may only get 5 fights on a PPV if they all go the distance, I just want meaningful fights

Yep, if a card has 5 main card fights I have no issue if only 3-4 of them are with guys with real title hopes, so long as the others are there for pure entertainment value.

This card has Tito/Forrest. If (big if) the old Tito is back he very well could get back in the hunt.

It has lil Nog vs Cane. For sure the winner will play into the title pic.

It has Johnson vs Kos. Winner is likely to get a GSP shot.

Throwing a fun Baroni fight in the mix is fine.

BL and Canuck are right on. 106 will be a very fun card to watch. And thats what its all about, it will be interesting to see how the UG will manage to bitch about it.

WarParisyan!

"I don't know why but I'm just not interested in any of these fights. Very few of them, I mean. No title fights, not even a #1 contender fight.

I almost have more fun watching the preliminaries nowadays than the main events."

You confuse me. You like watching prelims (no title fights, no #1 contender fights) but you don't like watching main events because there aren't what you would call #1 contender fights or title fights?

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Little Nog vs Cane is close to a #1 contender fight.

If Johnson beats Kos (and makes weight) he pretty much becomes the only viable contender at 170.

Tito vs Forrest could say a ton about where those guys sit at 205.

It's not Dana's fault that Brock got sick 3 weeks before the fight. Had it been 8 weeks ago they would have stuck another big fight on there but you can't blame top fighters for not wanting to take a fight on short notice.

caposa - we just need to start setting a level of expectation for the PPV main cards, and stop just being happy with whatever they put out there

it's not like UFC shows entire cards start to finish, we may only get 5 fights on a PPV if they all go the distance, I just want meaningful fights

Have you seen some of the garbage the UFC has foisted on the PPVs in the last year? Just now you are suddenly wanting a higher standard?

It's a good card, just a weak main event. That's all.

^What he said.

Some solid fights here. McLovin/Karo is interesting to see as both are coming off of long layoffs. Kos/AJ is gonna be pretty sweet with contender implications, as is Banha/LilNog (if this ever gets confirmed). Davis/Saunders should be a barn burner. Tito/Forrest is not a very compelling main event, but two big names with a lotta questions marks makes for an interesting fight.

Baroni/Sadollah = Pure entertainment.

Wish it was on Spike though.

hmmph... Mostly entertaining fights, but none of them are really important at all. Oh well.