Baroni's UFC Legacy and place in history

I sincerely hope we seee Phil BAroni in the Octagon again.

I am not sure that some of the newer MMA and UFC fans really know how much of a central entertaining figure in the UFC back in the day.

HIs remarkable comeback and destruction of a game AMAR SULOEV, his 2 fights and feud with MATT THE LAW LINDLAND and the internet trash talk and vids , memorable time to be a fan.

BARONI'S 2 fights with EVAN TANNER and the referee LARRY LANDLESS incident. For a few years Phil Baroni was a very compelling UFC fighter and one of the first really brash trash talkers, one of the most memorable for sure!

thanks Phil

For me it's always going to be about his destruction of Dave Menne and the post-fight celebration.

TTT Phone Post

i hope to see him back in the UFC someday so we can see him become UFC champ

oh yeah forgot to mention the MENNE highlight reel KO.

And Baroni repeatedly calling out for a fight with BUSTA....the current champ Murillo Bustamante , at the time.

He was a machine in Art Dore Toughman !!!

TTT for Baroni!!!

He's still young. Phone Post

Menne was his high point. While Busta woulda been the heavy fav, Baroni could have scored the upset given his fast starts and commitment to head hunt.

Hes the best eva Phone Post

Will always watch the NYBA fight. I know he's not going to try to pitter patter point fight for 3 rounds. NYBA brings it!

What some seem to miss is that if not for people like Baroni, a lot of these younger guys wouldn't be here. Not saying he single-handily kept MMA going, but he was part of it. I hate that records, and titles mean so much. Some of these guys are just good guys that work their asses off and it sucks to see them out of the spotlight. It's just easy for me to relate to that dude.

the best eva.

i became a fan watching him get dq'd on toughman for taking the dude down AND wearing FCF shorts in boxing!

more time to mow down on pork fried rice now

fightsfan - oh yeah forgot to mention the MENNE highlight reel KO.

And Baroni repeatedly calling out for a fight with BUSTA....the current champ Murillo Bustamante , at the time.

Would have loved to see that one. Shame it never happened.

im not done yet

the best EVA!

Never lived up to his potential. Has had numerous shots and I would say it is the end of the road.

TTT for NYBA! Phone Post