Barry: "Cole Konrad is the best HW in the WORLD"

He basically says Konrad is a 300lb Cain Velasquez and that he is the best HW of any organization right now and will showcase it soon.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/08/23/pat-barry-on-cole-konrads-potential-thats-cain-velasquez-at/

I am not buying it seeing as how Konrad gets beat up by Brock in training and Brock got beat up by Cain.

Konrad has awful standup, and his cardio is no where near the level of Cains Phone Post

PFFFFT.

Konrad is like a younger Brock almost. he is pretty one dimensional for now, but he has shown a willingness and desire to evolve as a fighter.
i think we will see great things from him in the future.

His standup against Buentello looked more polished than Brock's.

BuddyRevell -  His standup against Buentello looked more polished than Brock's.

That is sad considering Brock beats up Konrad and Tuchsherer in training.

deus ex machina - 

Source? I remember Nick Thompson, who's trained with those guys, posted that it's pretty back and forth between Brock and Kole.

I would respectfully disagree with that. Brock actually has decent skill with his hands; the Couture fight being the best example that comes to mind.

I don't think getting tagged with a Carwin meathook or out-boxed by Cain are signs of major deficiencies.

I'm a fan, but Cole is nowhere near the best in the world.

BuddyRevell - 
deus ex machina - 

Source? I remember Nick Thompson, who's trained with those guys, posted that it's pretty back and forth between Brock and Kole.

There is an interview on YouTube with Cole Konrad and he talks about how Brock throws him, in his words, "through the ceiling" in training.

Also, in that radio interview when Brock returned from his illness he said that on his first day back in the gym from the sickness, he was back to throwing Cole Konrad and Chris Tuchsherer around like "sacks of potatoes".

Uncle Justice - 

I would respectfully disagree with that. Brock actually has decent skill with his hands; the Couture fight being the best example that comes to mind.

I don't think getting tagged with a Carwin meathook or out-boxed by Cain are signs of major deficiencies.

I think Brock has more power, but has worse overall technique than Konrad. Cole has a better jab and has more head movement than Lesnar.  

deus ex machina - 
BuddyRevell - Source? I remember Nick Thompson, who's trained with those guys, posted that it's pretty back and forth between Brock and Kole.

There is an interview on YouTube with Cole Konrad and he talks about how Brock throws him, in his words, "through the ceiling" in training.

Also, in that radio interview when Brock returned from his illness he said that on his first day back in the gym from the sickness, he was back to throwing Cole Konrad and Chris Tuchsherer around like "sacks of potatoes".

I don't know why The Goat would say otherwise, though. Were Konrad's comments right before one of Brock's fights (i.e. was he just promoting Lesnar)? But I'll try to find it on youtube. Thanks. 

I hope he does become the best HW this way I can eat a Twinkie once in a while and not feel guilty. Phone Post

deus ex machina -
BuddyRevell - 
deus ex machina - 

Would you expect him to say anything different considering he is a paid training partner of Brock's? Not saying he's lying, but he's also not going to brag about getting the best if Brock in training if in fact he ever does Phone Post

I don't believe Kole is there yet, potential, but that's all for now.

32m - Whether or not Cole is the best...nobody knows. However, why would anyone take Berry's word for it? If a top 3 fighter said that...I might believe it.

Berry needs to beat a top 10 guy, then we can talk.

What a misleading title. He NEVER says konrad is the best HW in the world. What he does say is "once kole gets develops some confidence in his striking he could be the heavy weight champion of the world in any organization" that's hardly Barry saying Konrad is the best HW in the world today.