Barry Sanders, GSP, early retire..

Who else in the sports world walked away early that have left a lot of ?s, I know GSP says he will be back, but if he doesn't come back, will this be one of the top athletes in the prime retirements? Phone Post 3.0

I use gps daily to get to job sites Phone Post 3.0

GSP had a full career dude. Didn't they say he had more wins than anyone? He stopped before he ended up like chuck liddel.

Barry quit early but I don't blame him. Detroit was never gonna let him go and the team sucked beyond belief. It must have sucked for him to be stuck on that shit team.

Barry early, GSP perfect timing. Phone Post 3.0

Jordan

GSP is definitely in the minority to leave as #1. Too many stay way too long.

fasterRN - Barry early, GSP perfect timing. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

Entreri - GSP is definitely in the minority to leave as #2. Too many stay way too long.
CORRECTED

Jim Brown. Phone Post 3.0

I would like to see the two of them fight on a football field. Could George's catch Barry to wrestle-hump him? Phone Post 3.0

GSP left because he decided the beating he took from Hendricks to keep his title wasn't worth any amount of money. Phone Post 3.0

From what insiders tell me Barry's original plan was to sit out the remainder of his Lions contract then return refreshed with another team for 2-3 years and hopefully get a ring/take rushing record but it just never happened for whatever reason. Phone Post 3.0

AlchemyIronworks - From what insiders tell me Barry's original plan was to sit out the remainder of his Lions contract then return refreshed with another team for 2-3 years and hopefully get a ring/take rushing record but it just never happened for whatever reason. Phone Post 3.0

It certainly wouldn't have been for the rushing title. That didn't mean all that much to Barry. Barry wanted to win, something that the Lions looked incapable of doing.

Sanders still has the best touchdown celebration.