Bas Rutten vs Randleman

imo kev fell asleep on top for the last half while bas was striking him like mad for a legit win

Kevin didn't complain about the fight. I remember one interview he said that fight was his greatest war, and even though he lost it was his favorite fight. Something along those lines.

It is the single fight that the most people will disagree on. It is not on the same planet as the worst decision ever.

GrChmayday - Randleman was robbed!!!! it ended with the monster pouding his ass!

huh?

Randleman laid on Bas for 16 of the 21 minutes of that fight... After the standup for the broken nose all Randleman did was take Bas down and lay on top of him.

This fight is the DEFINITION of Lay and Pray.

LOL, just rewatched this the other day. Randleman won.

Crazy Zimmerman - Kevin didn't complain about the fight.

Fuck yeah, he did. They didn't show it on the PPV, but after the event ended, after the post fight interview with Bas and everything, Randleman came storming back out to the cage. He was shaking the cage like a madman, screaming "FUCKING BULLSHIT!" and all other kinds of obscenities. Meyrowitz looked terrified.

Someone else who went to that show could probably back me up, if they stayed long enough.

goes vs hendo was bad

Rutten

Randleman clearly won that fight

I remember you, man. That "after party" was fun as hell. Many of the fighters were there and then a handful of fans. I couldn't believe how cool all of the fighters were. They were as easy to talk to as the fans. The infamous frankhhh was there, too...

I still have that picture of me, you, and Ruas somewhere...

I gave it to Randleman due to damage done.

Worst decision? No.

Most argued? Maybe...

laying isnt fighting. trying to hurt the other guy is. hence punches/elbows>holding hips

" Kevin didn't complain about the fight. I remember one interview he said that fight was his greatest war, and even though he lost it was his favorite fight. Something along those lines."

As th other posters said Randellman wnt apeshit.From what i remember he was gonna go after Meyerowitz or some shit.

Randelman dominated Bas and inflicted the most damage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5nPZcCGnDs

bas

n/m that didnt work

This is the fight that brought on 5:00 rounds, so it's definitely one of the most influential fights in the sport's history.

I think Randleman won the fight but was "punished" for his boring, non-aggressive fight tactics.

I can see an argumant for Rutten (and I much prefered his approach to the fight) but I have rewatched it quite a few times and I can't fairly give him the dec.

loretta - This is the fight that brought on 5:00 rounds, so it's definitely one of the most influential fights in the sport's history.

I wouldn't go that far. Perretti used 5 minute rounds in Extreme Fighting, and he had gained a lot of influence in the UFC beyond just matchmaker by UFC 20 and 21. Most people speculated that 5 minute rounds were inevitable with Perretti on board. They would've come about with or without this fight.