Bas Rutten's MMA Mount Rushmore

UFC Hall of Famer Bas Rutten appeared recently on MMA Junkie Radio, and was asked to comment on UFC president Dana White's choices for the MMA Mount Rushmore. White chose:

•Royce Gracie

•Amanda Nunes

•Jon Jones

•Chuck Liddell

El Guapo agreed, and disagreed.

“Royce Gracie, 100 percent – he needs to be the first guy,” said Rutten, as transcribed by Farah Hannoun for . “But the guy who made the UFC and made everything big is Dana White. Of course, he can’t put himself in. You can say whatever you want to say, but because of him, we all watch it. Because of ‘The Ultimate Fighter,’ he came up with that idea and they did everything. People say they want more money. You can say whatever you want. But he’s the hardest working guy.”

“Chuck Liddell, but MMA – is it MMA in general? Then you’ve got to go Fedor, guys like that. How many more eyeballs did Conor McGregor put to MMA? Is he the greatest fighter with the submission losses? No, he’s not. He’s a very good fighter, but just because of what he did and how much attention he brought to MMA, does he deserve to be in it? Everyone is going to go, ‘You’re crazy.’ But really?”

https://youtu.be/7xWV72URt1k?t=1903

Bas’s Mount Rushmore

•Royce Gracie

•Dana White

•Chuck Liddell, or Fedor Emelianenko if you aren’t limiting to UFC

•Conor McGregor

What’s yours?

I don’t disagree with him at all, in terms of what Mount Rushmore is supposed to represent. He chose people who each took the sport to the next level. 

3 Likes

It changes for me but I have

Royce

Dana

Fedor

Saku

3 Likes

Dana

Royce

Chuck

Fedor

Kirik -

It changes for me but I have Royce, Dana, Fedor, and Saku.

UFC = Royce, Chuck, Anderson, GSP/Connor (GSP is the superior fighter, but Connor was a bigger draw and a great heel)

Pride = Saku, Fedor, Crocop, Wandy

MMA = Royce, Saku, Chuck, Fedor

1 Like

Tito ortiz has to be on there

Nunes? If anyone ever questioned the reason Dana is as successful as he is its this right here. He throws Nunes up there because he knows no one is watching her fight. She crushed everyone and he cant go and just deep-six her. He throws her up there for publicity. Genius

Dana shouldn't be on it. Should be just fighters and it's always going to be subjective.

My Mount Rushmore 

GSP

Anderson

Fedor

Jones

4 Likes

Tito?  On MMA Rushmore? He can be if he sits still enough. 

MasterofMartialArts -

I don’t disagree with him at all, in terms of what Mount Rushmore is supposed to represent. He chose people who each took the sport to the next level. 

I've carefully considered you're point (seriously) and no. just no.

Nunes should not be on the list ( for dana )

I could go on and on as to why but im not going to. Fuck that.

As far as bas's picks.  Intresting take having dana on it but fuck that as well. I could go on and on about why for different reasons. 

Each to their own though.  It's just a opinion. 

Cant go to far wrong with mandibal claws pics.

What's up with allan Belcher  lol

What’s up with all the Alan belcher photoshops ?

If you include Dana, you'd have to include Rorion, Bob, or the X-Arm dude for coming up with it, IMO. 

I have Randy, Royce, Fedor, and Anderson.

Royce, Anderson, GSP, JJones.

1 Like

Royce

GSP

Anderson

Fedor

2 Likes

I have Tito, then ran out of mountain

2 Likes

You have to include one person of colour and one female in every list or you are a racist sexist. 

2 Likes
Grand master dave lang -

You have to include one person of colour and one female in every list or you are a racist sexist. 

Hey!!!  You forgot Fallon Fox you Homophobic, Sleeping (not woke), Transphobic son of a bitch

3 Likes

If the criteria is taking the sport to the  next level

Royce

Dana

Rhonda

Conor