Basic Fantasy Football Draft Strategy

share the knowledge OG! I've got a draft in an hour and a half.

RB/RB or RB/WR first two unless you want Jimmy Graham

Other TEs and QBs late, rounds 8-10. Cutler, Rivers, Romo will put up big numbers.

Handcuff your running backs if possible, especially if they have previous injury problems. If I knew your pick and scoring I could offer more advice. Phone Post 3.0

If Jimmy Graham is available when you pick, draft him, nomatter what your pick is.

Had the number one overall pick in a 10 team keeper league for our draft last week and I drafted Graham. All week I had all kinds of offers on him. Finally settled and traded Graham for Andre Ellington, Vernon Davis (a perennial top 5 TE), Desean Jackson and a 2015 3rd rounder. My team was a little shallow at RB so I addressed that, got a good TE, a good WR, and a top 30 pick for next year.

Graham is miles away from everybody else at the position, so pick him up and watch the trades start flying in and demand a king's ransom for him if you want to make your team overall better if you had a bad draft. If not keep him and have the number 1 TE, a position that's hard to get points from.

I would also suggest taking a look at Mark Ingram, James White, and Devonta Freeman for a late draft snag (moreso White and Freeman) that could pay off huge this season due to their team's having unstable RB situations.

T Sauce and detroitdevon just got VTFU!

Take a kicker early Phone Post 3.0

detroitdevon - I would also suggest taking a look at Mark Ingram, James White, and Devonta Freeman for a late draft snag (moreso White and Freeman) that could pay off huge this season due to their team's having unstable RB situations.
I would avoid Ingram personally. It's a RB by committee pass happy system. He might have a few really good games but a bunch of so so games. If it's a PPR league I would say Pierre Thomas might be a good late round grab. Also keep an eye on Jeremy Hill and Andre Williams late. They could be goal line vultures. Phone Post 3.0

sublime13 - Take a kicker early Phone Post 3.0

Do I do that before or after deleting System32?

Ok just found out the draft order, i get first pick!

so who should my first pick be? Adrian peterson?

Top 3 are McCoy, Charles and Peterson. There isn't much separation between the 3. Personally I think McCoy will have the best season. Phone Post 3.0

McCoy Phone Post 3.0

McCoy it is!

Well, since so many leagues these days change the rules a lot so you can't simply use standard draft strategy, you really need to be versatile.

Some leagues are ppr. Some leagues have IDP. Some leagues have 2qb. Some leagues have bonuses. Some leagues have penalties.

Enter the league rules on any of the FF sites that will give you a projection on that league based on it's rules. Follow it.

If you don't have the first 4 picks I would go wr first. There is a steep drop off the highest tier for receiver and there are a bunch if middling rbs that could really go off this year like jennings, tate, cj2k, mjd, cj spiller Phone Post 3.0

Not sure if it is mentioned but never get stuck on the tail end of a run. If the previous four people picked one position then pick a different position. It has served me well over many years of fantasy football.

"Taco you have six kickers"

"I like kickers!" Phone Post 3.0

OP, how did the draft go? What does the roster look like?

detroitdevon - OP, how did the draft go? What does the roster look like?

QB: RGIII
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Le'Veon Bell
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Andre Johnson
TE: Jason Witten
Flex: Toby Gerhart
D: Rams
K: Adam Vinatieri

Bench: Reggie Wayne
Bench: Mike Wallace
Bench: DeAngelo Williams