Basketball makes no sense, rules are dumb

When playing in high school there was a thing called double dribble, it means if you STOP then you only have 2 steps remaining before you have to release the ball.

But why in NBA they all double dribble like crazy? I hated playing basketball in school cause of that one dumb rule and yet the superstars all do it.

Is uk and american rules different?

Basketball is insanely stupid. There are a lot of dumb rules but the "pick" is one of the dumbest things in all of sports. 

I’m just gonna move right in front of you while you’re running forward, let you run into me and then resist the natural urge to catch myself as I purposefully fall down. And it’s a foul on you.

Retarded. 

1 Like

I don't know much about basketball but the NBA players seem to break the "traveling" rule all the time.

1 Like

Several years back, I remember watching the USA Mens Olympic team get called a bunch for it. Not sure if it was a rules difference, or that it was actually being inforced.

Looks like Giannis travels all the time when he takes those giant euro steps

There's a reason only about 3 countries in the world give a fuck about it. One of the dumbest "sports" of all time 

1 Like
showmedaway -

When playing in high school there was a thing called double dribble, it means if you STOP then you only have 2 steps remaining before you have to release the ball.

But why in NBA they all double dribble like crazy? I hated playing basketball in school cause of that one dumb rule and yet the superstars all do it.

I'm a basket ball ref. 

what play are they doubling dribbling?

your post seems to suggest travelling?

1 Like

Kobe Bryant just died. Have some fucking repsect, you jerk. 

4 Likes
Dreville79 -

There's a reason only about 3 countries in the world give a fuck about it. One of the dumbest "sports" of all time 

Hmmm quite a bit more than 3 countries give a fuck about it. 

It's one of the biggest sports in the World. The NBA has elite talent from all around the globe.

1 Like
Dreville79 - 

Basketball is pretty much considered the 2nd most popular sport globally behind soccer.

1 Like

The rule is that it's not travelling if they're under the point spread. 

2 Likes

The charging rule is so fucking dumb. Dudes sprint to a spot to act like they've been run over for minding their own business. 

It allows low skill garbage men like draymond to contribute.

1 Like
androb - 
showmedaway -

I'm a basket ball ref. 

what play are they doubling dribbling?

your post seems to suggest travelling?

I’m not a basketball ref.

I frequently disagree with androb.

His analysis is about the same as mine here. A double dribble is when you pick up your dribble, and then start again.

Alternatively, it’s a game for the original NES.

showmedaway - 

That is not double dribbling, that is travelling. But neither seem to be called anymore.

Greatest sport in the world...Its a sport where an individual has the most impact in a team setting. There is also enough possessions and scoring where 1 bad call doesnt have as much impact. Sports like baseball and football where the best players never even get to make contact with each other are not as fun to me. In basketball, great players can almost single handidly win games with their own greatness and the other teams best player has the opportunity to try and actually stop you from doing it.. In football you can pass for 300 yards a game and still lose if your defense sucks and you have zero control over it. 

"Did yall see the big Peyton Manning - Tom Brady matchup this week?" The matchup where neither player was on the field at the same time? yea, thats really exciting. 

1 Like
DaveFu - 

The rule is that it's not travelling if they're under the point spread. 

LOL

1 Like

i always laugh at the 2 poor fuckers who get called for carrying during the year.

vincan469 - 

i always laugh at the 2 poor fuckers who get called for carrying during the year.

They have been calling travelling every single game this year. multiple times on both teams usually. They are starting to fight back against it. 

GSpenn fan -
vincan469 - 

They have been calling travelling every single game this year. multiple times on both teams usually. They are starting to fight back against it. 

the travelling has been from dragging their pivot foot.  the drives to the basket not really, i hope they are on some type of rewards program.

Dreville79 -

I'm not a fan, but it's fucking huge around the world. It's almost as accessible as soccer and it's best played indoors so you can do it anywhere.