jus tlike the rest of us (NJers)

in

From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From 2013-01-27

Gary Yamamoto senkos - texas rigged or wacky rigged.

Hulu poppers at dusk.

Scum frogs in the thick lilly pads.

Those are my three go to patterns.

what type of bass fishing do you like?

there are some really good deep clear water lakes that you will need finese techniques to hook up.

there are some decent other lakes up there too.  but Round Valley, Spruce run, Hoptacong, are a few of the more popular lakes that do well

The problem around here is so many lakes get a ton of pressure.

Any of the lakes you can walk to from a parking lot in Harriman are way over fished.

Smaller ponds that dont get the fishing pressure are a good bet.

In for when I have time to post some pics n techniques! Phone Post 3.0

^ yes i was waiting for you (tjmitch)

i was on Sebago one day and all the fishermen were having a great time...guess it was a goldmine day or something....they were rushing back to the tackle shop to buy more bait..made me want to get back into it since im there so often

Upstate Ny has some great bass fishing lakes, salmon, tigermusky and trout among others. For bass there is a little lake south of Syracuse called little York lake. Has some of the bass fishing in the US espn did a special on it few years ago.

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=1998114 Phone Post 3.0

check out nybass.com. a lot of great info for you there.
i fish champlain, the st lawrence and lake ontario often. if any of these waters fit your travel i can steer you to a few spots. Phone Post 3.0

tjmitch - 
From Drop Box

From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box

From 2013-01-27

never thought i'd see the day i actually felt compelled to meet an OGer. Harriman is in my backyard, have been fishing in the area almost 20 years and have never seen slobs like that.

can i blow you?

Jason's Stooge -
tjmitch - 
From Drop Box

From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box

From 2013-01-27

never thought i'd see the day i actually felt compelled to meet an OGer. Harriman is in my backyard, have been fishing in the area almost 20 years and have never seen slobs like that.

can i blow you?

You can blow me, but no gay stuff. I think I am going to try to get out today if it looks like the rain holds off Phone Post 3.0

Well not getting out today. I hope to get out some night this week, but next weekend for sure Phone Post 3.0

caught a few1-2 lbers this morning in the pond my shack is on. only went out to test some new line i spooled on. 3 fish back to back on a chatterbait, am now a believer.

which of the lakes/ponds in harriman work best for you guys

i bought the key/pass for island pond but havent fished it yet

caught a bunch of bluegill and sunnies last friday on tiorati from my canoe

I've been killing the bass on a strike king structure bug in blue craw. T-rigged with an 1/8 oz weight. Very deadly so far this spring for me Phone Post 3.0

In Limbo - 

i hit any and all of the harriman spots that are fishable from shore. really i just go wherever there's the least amount of people/pressure that day. lately been stalking kanawuakee/however you spell it (by the 106 circle) cause i've heard of some righteous monsters being pulled outta there in the past.

island pond? been dying to hit that spot for years now..take me there and i'll buy you a pecan pie at auntie el's on 17

Jason's Stooge - 
In Limbo - 

i hit any and all of the harriman spots that are fishable from shore. really i just go wherever there's the least amount of people/pressure that day. lately been stalking kanawuakee/however you spell it (by the 106 circle) cause i've heard of some righteous monsters being pulled outta there in the past.

island pond? been dying to hit that spot for years now..take me there and i'll buy you a pecan pie at auntie el's on 17

i was on kanawauke the other week, testing out the outfitting my kayak, and the people fishing were having a ball that day

i saw a group of what seemed to be Vietnamese "rednecks" out on their hobies just plucking decent sized fish from what i saw

another faather and son in their boat were having great luck on the other side of that lake where you have to go thru the drain pipe

i'm down for a pecan pie!

tjmitch - Gary Yamamoto senkos - texas rigged or wacky rigged.

Hulu poppers at dusk.

Scum frogs in the thick lilly pads.

Those are my three go to patterns.

do you use a bullet weight with the senkos or go weightless?