BASS Fishing NJ, NY, PA areas - TME

I've had a lot of success fishing the weightless. Just let them sink and give them an occasional twitch. Bass see them as a quick and easy snack. Phone Post 3.0

anything under 8 feet deep dont use weights on a senko or stick bait

if it's deeper than 8 feet and you really want to use a weight

either use a split shot about 10 inches up the line  or small penny nails inserted into each end of the stick bait.

the wacky rigged fall is what makes them enticing to bass

i'd say the only time you would want to use a bullet weight is if you were carolina rigging one of them...however i dont think i'd ever carolina rig stick bait

and possibly if you were flipping/pitching one into heavy cover  using a bullet weight to break through the surface cover would be an option.

In Limbo - 
tjmitch - Gary Yamamoto senkos - texas rigged or wacky rigged.

Hulu poppers at dusk.

Scum frogs in the thick lilly pads.

Those are my three go to patterns.

do you use a bullet weight with the senkos or go weightless?

usually weightless, occasionaly a carolina rig, or a bullet weight.

let's get real. stickbaits are half a step away from fishing a worm + bobber. total last resort - a blind chimp could catch a fish with them.

sweet beavers are what today's ruggedly fashionable outdoorsman uses

PSYCH. i use stickbaits every time out.  they catch em when nothing else will. although the hype surrounding yamamoto brand is just silly.

did ok with unweighted senkos on 7 lakes this past weekend

posted these on my other outdoor thread

i like having a stick bait tied on and ready to go for when i'm fishing a buzzbait, or spinner and have a fish short strike and not hook up and just grab the stick bait and drop it right where the fish was.

what other spots can I go to that are NOT in Harriman, but close to it (within 30-45 min), in lower NY?

any places by the gunks?

From June 17, 2015
From June 17, 2015

couple from Sunday

^ not to "Spot burn" (lol) or anything but i had a good day this past saturday at that little lake/pond across the street and down the road from the silverr mine parking lot

ive always wanted to fish that spot from all the years ive been driving by it and it worked out well.....was the only one out there

any of you ever been to these spots that are circled in red?

you can right click the pic and follow the link for a bigger pic

zoom trick worm texas rigged with the lightest tungsten weight you can get away with.

Byrd - zoom trick worm texas rigged with the lightest tungsten weight you can get away with.

i like trick worms on shakeyheads

great way to fish for the summer when it's a bit slow

In Limbo - 

any of you ever been to these spots that are circled in red?

you can right click the pic and follow the link for a bigger pic

top 2 are island pond (bigger one) and green pond. green pond is off a trail right near valley of the boulders, have hiked there a couple times without my rod. it's pretty rustic, from what i remember could be a bitch trying to fish from shore there.

one next to sebago - starts with an Sk- i believe, havent been there, have been meaning to check it out for a while now.

tjmitch - 
From June 17, 2015

From June 17, 2015

couple from Sunday

dinks by tj mitch standards

and is that a hook puller?? you fucking pussy!

In Limbo - 

what other spots can I go to that are NOT in Harriman, but close to it (within 30-45 min), in lower NY?

any places by the gunks?

the other side of the river is STAAACKED

Jason's Stooge -

and is that a hook puller?? you fucking pussy!

Haha - the hook was deep Phone Post 3.0

damn, for some reason i edited/erased my OP thinking i was making a new post

oh well

im leaving the office in about an hour to "work from home".......i'll go to the first suggestion for a non-harriman lake/pond I get from someone(if i do get one) in this thread

Jason's Stooge - 
In Limbo - 

any places by the gunks?

the other side of the river is STAAACKED

names of other side of the river spots?