Batista preparing for mma

superCalo - If this youngster wants to get into mMa all power to him, if he trains hard for a few years and has a athletic pedigree in the form of college wrestling or a lifetimes dedication to the martial arts and is in good hape with a healthy attitude then why shouldnt he have some success, the kid could go far if given right opponents in the right cicumstances with the right rules and judges.

41 years old is no "youngster" or "kid."

xcarnoxometzx - This guy right here (Booker T) school-ed him backstage in a real fight before WWE agents got involved and broke it up. (No it wasn't scripted, camera's were not even there and word was Vince was pissed that Batista would get into a fight let alone LOSE a fight backstage when he was holding the WWE Title at the time.)

Yeah I still keep up with "pro wrasslin," what about it? Lol

BOOKER T!  FTW!

Batista vs World Strongest Man!

LOL at Dave going into MMA.. Yeah he trains to stay in shape and learn new aspects of the sport but fighting, nah that will never happen.

DP

2 wwe stars fighting for real! I would pay for that.
The marketing in this is BIG.You got cross over fans that might get hooked on the ufc.
I know a lot of the die hard anti "pro wrestling" bad for the sport guys are going to give me shit. Come on already we won,the sport is only getting bigger by the min.
We dont really need to worry that they might confuse the 2.

Batista has a bad case of asthma. If you ever watch some of his WWE matches closely, you can hear him wheezing and coughing pretty heavily mid-match.

I don't think he has the stamina or the athletic pedigree to make it in this sport. If Strikeforce brings him in, I see them putting him in with Walker as an attempt for ratings.

Or, he could be Lashley's next hand picked opponent.. (sarcasm)

According to a source I spoke with who is close to Batista, the now former WWE superstar has been telling friends that he has been offered a two fight MMA deal with StrikeForce. This has not, however, been confirmed or announced by StrikeForce.

As we reported earlier today, Batista attended the StrikeForce event last night, and word coming out of the show is that Batista is currently NOT entertaining the idea of fighting, but rather he wants to concentrate on his acting career.

I was also told that Batista has many contacts in the modeling world, and it wouldn't be a surprise to see
Batista use potential modeling gigs as a way of getting his foot in the acting door.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/exclusive-batista-says-hes-been-offered-a-2-fight-mma-deal-104813

he'll get killed in MMA.

He's pretty fragile and might be a welterweight off the 'roids.

I don't believe any of that 'rasslin article. I'll ask his ex next time I see her, she's still close with Batista

frontrowbrian -  Batista should do an MMA fight with Strikeforce. That would get him a 7 figure payday from SF which would give him exposure to Hollywood.

Even if he loses, he's so over in pro wrestling, his gimmick wouldn't be tarnished one bit. He could return to Vince and still make 2 million a year like he's been doing since 2003.

Batista is worldwide known athlete. Probably at the level of Kobe Bryant in terms of global recognition. He'd take Strikeforce to the next level.

Frontrollbrian, C'MON SON! Batista is a PED-inflated 205er with bad asthma, he will never be a fighter. And LMAO @ at Batista being as famous as Kobe or getting cred in Hollywood for getting beat up in Strikeforce. You need to step up your trolling today.