Batman v Spiderman.... Who wins?

And how?

(Yes i'm bored)

Batman, by bat-god writing and generally being more ruthless.

Spiderman with no prep
Batman with prep

Greengoblin created a formula to nullify spidey's spider sense. In a universe where bats and spidey co-existed, bats would be sure to have aquired some and would keep it right next to his shark repellant. Spiderman has not had any formal fighting training but has super strength, while batman has training in all types of fighting but only has max human strength.

So spidey with spider sense means batman could not lay a finger on spiderman and would get a beatdown.

If batman nullifies the spider sense, then batman's chances go up to 50/50.

Batman, Spidey usually takes time to get his groove on, he's got a lot more strength but tactically Batman would find a way to take him out.

Any Metahuman should kill Batman instantly. However...2 weeks prep time goes to Batman easily.

[quote]HEMAN - Any Metahuman should kill Batman instantly. However...2 weeks prep time goes to Batman easily.[/quote]

Exactly. Spiderman is capable of lifting upward to 10 tons. 40x faster than the average human. Ridiculous agility. Far superior durability. He owns batman in a fist fight. Shit he could just web bats up and put him in a corner for a couple hours.

The only way bats takes this is with prep time.

And on that note, I think its arguable that spidey is more intelligent than batman. Bats only has the advantage in tactics.

this is what spidey would think of Bats in a physical fight. This is spidergirl btw.

LOL good stuff Mark.

Where are all those panels from? Makes me want to look them up

Thanks man

I cant take full credit though. they are scans that i pulled from a character archive on a comic forum. I was just aware of where they were at/

I have the issues on my comp but id have to look through a few books. Both are from ASM. id have to go back and find the actual issue number. the scan with paladin is clearly from McFarlands amazing spider man run. as for the Spidergirl one. idk.

I love Bats. I think armored up and using everything he has at his disposal he might survive long enough to endure and epic beating by Spiderman. Would be cool as shit with Bats getting thrown through walls and pummeled bloody, but always with the will power to get back up to his feat.

It would end there, unless he has some epic preparation based on Spidey's weaknesses designed to trap or defeat him. Can see it now. Batman in a heap on the ground, still staring defiantly at Spidey as Spidey raises his fist for the coup de grace. "Your finished Bats." He sez. "No." Replies Bats. "I just finally got you right where I want you." BAM!!! It's over.

MarkRobinson - Spiderman with no prep
Batman with prep

/thread

No way on earth Bats could hang with Spidey's speed, EVER. The strength is simply the icing on the cake. If Spidey were merely as strong as the average teenager but could throw a punch at 500 MPH, no human could dodge it, let alone survive it.

So Bats has to rely on (A) a gas to kill the Spidey sense, which he would likely deduce only after getting his ass kicked the first time, and then (B) something to slow him down or even paralyze him. Even then, it could be a toss-up if Spidey is still that strong and agile.

Tangent to this - as bad-ass as Spidey is at his bizarre hybrid kickboxing style due to his speed and strength, wouldn't he be a BAD motherfucker as a grappler due to his wall-crawling ability? Think about it - he grabs you, or even just touches his flat palm to your chest, and BAM - no escape for any non-metahuman. He sinks the hooks from the back and engages the "sticky feet" or whatever, and that's all she wrote :-P

Ive always thought spidey had a really dope power set. If he got some actual combat training he would be crazy dope.

there was that recent issue of what if were hes like a secret agent. his spider sense gets so much better and hes just all around more dangerous.

heres some scans.

^^^That from a What if?

Yeah this one

That what if? made me realize how much spiderman is an under achiever and a waste of talent. Pete is always struggling as a photographer and feeling like a loser when he is always late and never has money, and everyone thinks he is a flake. He should just join shield and be all that he can be.

Why doesnt he just become a scientist and make so much more money? Peter Parker is supposed to be a genius yet hes too dumb to change job fields. WTf.

Spiderman is my favorite character but hes consistantly written in such terrible fashion. that whole One More Day story premise was almost worse than the clone saga.

I mean, he gives up his young hot wife for old ass Aunt May? Cmon now, shes like 1000 fucking years old. Let her old ass die! Can they not come up with anything else for Pete to do but worry about her?

He is very much an underachiever. So much potential but not much direction.

Isnt he supposed to die soon?

Why doesnt he just become a scientist and make so much more money?

Dude, most Scientists don't make shit. My wife used to be a research scientist at a University. Unless you are the tenured Professor/Doctor who is heading the project you make crap. She now teaches High School Chem in a public school and makes more money than when she was doing research.

MarkRobinson - Spiderman is my favorite character but hes consistantly written in such terrible fashion. that whole One More Day story premise was almost worse than the clone saga.

I mean, he gives up his young hot wife for old ass Aunt May? Cmon now, shes like 1000 fucking years old. Let her old ass die! Can they not come up with anything else for Pete to do but worry about her?

One More Day would have sucked less if Mary Jane was the one dying.  I could possibly see Peter "selling" his soul/love/whatever to save MJ.

and the Spider-Man that is going to die is the Spider-Man from the Ultimate Universe, not the mainstream (616) Spider-Man.

JudOWNED - 
Why doesnt he just become a scientist and make so much more money?

Dude, most Scientists don't make shit. My wife used to be a research scientist at a University. Unless you are the tenured Professor/Doctor who is heading the project you make crap. She now teaches High School Chem in a public school and makes more money than when she was doing research.

@judOWNED
Yeah but most scientists dont create web fluid before they learn to jack off either. Really i just think Pete is too smart to be struggling financially.

@paw
I agree with you about MJ dying and just remembered that it was Ultimate Spidey.

Isnt 616 spidey going to join the Fantastic 4 or something?