Battling Ropes question

Has anyone seen John Brookfield's Battling Ropes workouts? J. Brookfield is the grip strength guru.

www.powerropes.com

Does anyone here have any experience with these exercises? Any opinions?

TTT

We use them alot at CrossFit Philly. They are very tough and excellent for conditioning.

JCB,
What exactly is the workout you do with them (other than what one sees on the clips @ the site)?

Is it just upper body work, I take it? Is it cardio-vascular endurance, muscular endurance, explosiveness with arms, pure grip strength?

If you have the time, can you go in to some of the workouts you do with them and the benefits you perceive?

TIA

We usually work for time. Say sets of 30 seconds. That alone is enough. There are more drills than are highlighted on the site but those are a great starting place.

We promote triple extension with most of the drills instead of just arms and often take the ropes overhead.

You can also work in rotational drills as well.

OI havwe some videos of us training. I'll try to upload them to youtube.com today so you check them out.

Thank you.

I'm going to film one of our fighters training tomorrow. I'll film the drills and protocols we use and post them to youtube. You'll love it.