BB Olympic Judoka disqualified at BJJ Worlds

In the female blue belt heavyweight division.

The score was 12-6 I think in favor of Tserenkhand Dorjg from Mongolian JJ vs a MG athlete who had taken her back as she lay turtled on the mat defending the choke attempts...time runs out and she gets disqualified.

wtf was that all about?

Tserenkhand is an Olympic Black belt judoka who tied for 5th place at the 08 Olympics and won the Asian games in 06. Had to be the most decorated bitch on that mat.

Saw some crazy stuff from the Mongolian team. Arguing with the doorman off all things and more on Thursday. They had some very athletic and well-conditioned grapplers competing up to the brown belt divisions

pray for japan - Saw some crazy stuff from the Mongolian team. Arguing with the doorman off all things and more on Thursday. They had some very athletic and well-conditioned grapplers competing up to the brown belt divisions
Yes. Yes they did. If I had my pick of anyone I could have grappled this weekend it would have been Tserenkhand. I personally do not think she deserved that disqualification..and she did lose to one of mine too. But fair is fair. Another testimony to shitty reffing.

Judo refs do the same shit to jiu jitsu guys

DQ for what? Was there some sort of altercation?

stalling maybe?

raleigh - Judo refs do the same shit to jiu jitsu guys

lol, please. Most straight bjj guys are too stupid to learn the rules of judo and get pissed when DQ'd. At the Mundials you get decisions all the time that make zero sense, in judo normally they make some sort of sense.

why was such a decorated judoka competing in the blue belt division?

Nagster5 - why was such a decorated judoka competing in the blue belt division?

VTFU

Yeah.

If you have black belt in Judo you are supposed to compete as a purple belt. At least that used to be the rule by IBJJF. Sounds like this person is not only black belt in Judo but 5th place at the 08 Olympics and won the Asian games in 06.

So... nice sandbagging.

Also just laying there turtled without trying to improve your position is called stalling, which is most likely why she got DQed, especially when you are leading in points.

Nagster5 - why was such a decorated judoka competing in the blue belt division?

I don't think the Mongolian JJ crew grasp the whole "sandbagging" concept. 

dq for stalling is terrible.

matt murdock - dq for stalling is terrible.
Why? You can get DQ'd for stalling in pretty much every other combat sport. Not commenting on this match in particular, but it's generally very hard to have it happen in BJJ and your passivity has to be very blatant considering you get a warning, a negative point and two points to your opponent before you can be DQ'd/

I didn't see the match so I don't know the particulars. Seems weird to DQ after time runs out. I guess if she had full warning and lost the points etc beforehand it's ok.

I've seen so many bjj guys not get called for stalling, seems like an anti judo bias, but again I didn't see the match.

Massive sandbagger gets called for stalling, no tears from me.

I seriously doubt the ref had the slightest idea who the hell a random female blue belt was. Unlikely to know her background. Can't imagine it was bias so much as annoyance at flagrant stalling by a blue belt.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1

This whole situation is unfortunate but I think its cool such high level judokas are competing in bjj tournaments. I always found the Komuro vs Bibiano match fun as hell. We need more of that.

pray for japan - They had some very athletic and well-conditioned grapplers competing up to the brown belt divisions

Anyone know of any video of any recent or even older vids of these guys competing in bjj tournaments?

SisterSteel - In the female blue belt heavyweight division.
The score was 12-6 I think in favor of Tserenkhand Dorjg from Mongolian JJ vs a MG athlete who had taken her back as she lay turtled on the mat defending the choke attempts...time runs out and she gets disqualified.

wtf was that all about?

Tserenkhand is an Olympic Black belt judoka who tied for 5th place at the 08 Olympics and won the Asian games in 06. Had to be the most decorated bitch on that mat.

why is she a bitch or is that all females are bitches? I don't understand why she was fighting in the blue belt division. How was her matwork?

gbutts - 
SisterSteel - In the female blue belt heavyweight division.

wtf was that all about?

why is she a bitch or is that all females are bitches? I don't understand why she was fighting in the blue belt division. How was her matwork?

Remember how you got trolled by Shen? Well SisterSteel likes to call people names. It is her thing you know.