BB Olympic Judoka disqualified at BJJ Worlds

LetsTalkItOut - 
gbutts - 
SisterSteel - In the female blue belt heavyweight division.
The score was 12-6 I think in favor of Tserenkhand Dorjg from Mongolian JJ vs a MG athlete who had taken her back as she lay turtled on the mat defending the choke attempts...time runs out and she gets disqualified.

wtf was that all about?

Tserenkhand is an Olympic Black belt judoka who tied for 5th place at the 08 Olympics and won the Asian games in 06. Had to be the most decorated bitch on that mat.

why is she a bitch or is that all females are bitches? I don't understand why she was fighting in the blue belt division. How was her matwork?

Remember how you got trolled by Shen? Well SisterSteel likes to call people names. It is her thing you know.

okay

So she got DQ'd for stalling while trying to defend her back? BWAHAHHAAHAHA, when will people learn? BJJ is the only sport where even the refs don't know all the rules.

Some of the shadiest shit goes down at these tournaments. At the world pro there must have been at least 3 finals where the refs decided to give points or advantages for stalling after the match was over, changing the outcome completely.

I don't understand. You said "time runs out and she gets disqualified."

Do you mean she was disqualified after the match was over? If so, what was the rationale?

JohnanthanDoe - I don't understand. You said "time runs out and she gets disqualified."

Do you mean she was disqualified after the match was over? If so, what was the rationale?

This is BJJ, they don't rationale. LOL at all the people that think BJJ can be an olympic sport.

this is why i just stfu and smile when the refs speak to me in portuguese.

This story is 100% BS! Everyone knows that a Blue Belt BJJer would Choke TFO any Judo Black belt, regardless of past judo accomplishments, that decides to turtle in a BJJ tournament. Judo sucks!

Just to clear things up a bit from someone who was watching the whole match:

The Mongolian team fighter was up by quite a few points when the DQ took place. She already had two disadvantages for stalling. Towards the end of the match, the MG fighter was working to take the back mount, and the Mongolian team fighter literally proned out, put her face in her hands and laid there for about 20 seconds. The ref gave her multiple verbal warnings that he was going to call the stalling penalty, she didnt make an effort to escape the position and got the DQ.

If you saw it in person, you would understand the call I think. It was a pretty blatant lack of effort :)

On a side note, I did notice the refs were pretty liberal with the stalling penalties this year (fairly, all the way up to black belt). Maybe a sign of things to come with the reffing in the future.

Macabuhay - 

Just to clear things up a bit from someone who was watching the whole match:

The Mongolian team fighter was up by quite a few points when the DQ took place. She already had two disadvantages for stalling. Towards the end of the match, the MG fighter was working to take the back mount, and the Mongolian team fighter literally proned out, put her face in her hands and laid there for about 20 seconds. The ref gave her multiple verbal warnings that he was going to call the stalling penalty, she didnt make an effort to escape the position and got the DQ.

If you saw it in person, you would understand the call I think. It was a pretty blatant lack of effort :)

On a side note, I did notice the refs were pretty liberal with the stalling penalties this year (fairly, all the way up to black belt). Maybe a sign of things to come with the reffing in the future.

It looked like she was defending the fuck out of that choke. Why should she move anyway? she risks getting mounted and passed and every other fucking thing that can happen at the last second. Maybe she didnt speak any english. I do not recall the ref giving her any verbal warnings which is why it came as such a surprise and shock to everyone. 

90% of the matches I saw were spent with one guy either in deep half guard or 50/50 guard. I saw plenty of warnings but no DQs. Some of the most boring matches that I've ever seen at the worlds. Having said that, This girl most likely had been given warnings prior to the DQ. If not, I don't see why the coaches didn't challenge the decision.

darkness66 -  90% of the matches I saw were spent with one guy either in deep half guard or 50/50 guard. I saw plenty of warnings but no DQs. Some of the most boring matches that I've ever seen at the worlds. Having said that, This girl most likely had been given warnings prior to the DQ. If not, I don't see why the coaches didn't challenge the decision.

They didnt speak any english either.

at least the decorated judo BB didn't compete in the white belt division.

BJJkilla - at least the decorated judo BB didn't compete in the white belt division.

These is no shame in that. Everyone has to start somewhere. I do think its stupid though that just about anyone can partake in a world championship. In other sports you have to earn that privilege.  

The ONLY way a DQ for stalling in BJJ should be acceptable (by the current rules) is where the +2 points to the other guy & standup penalty has ALREADY been implemented several times.

So unless all 6 points the opponent had were for 3 stalling penalties there is NO justification for that call.

Edit: read the post above. If she had several advantages as penalties then a standup should be imminent. Not DQ.

SisterSteel - 
 It looked like she was defending the fuck out of that choke. Why should she move anyway? she risks getting mounted and passed and every other fucking thing that can happen at the last second. Maybe she didnt speak any english. I do not recall the ref giving her any verbal warnings which is why it came as such a surprise and shock to everyone. 

Exactly!!! Why the fuck should anyone move if they are the one defending. It is up to the one down on points and in dominant position to move. Imagine Roger Gracie mounted on top of you and your the one who's supposed to be moving? Come on...BS dude.

And LOL at the people complaining about a how a judo black belt should compete at a certain people. These people are the same ones who claim that wrestlers shouldn't get rank in BJJ cause wrestling is not BJJ. Here's a news flash for you also, Wrestling is not BJJ.

LMAO at some of you guys and your sheeple ways with BJJ.

BTW, I predict Sister Steel will get a talking to at her academy soon for being so outspoken agains the IBJJF.

The ONLY way a DQ for stalling in BJJ should be acceptable (by the current rules) is where the +2 points to the other guy & standup penalty has ALREADY been implemented several times.
The ref is well within his rights to DQ for the next offence after +2 and the standup:
IBJJF -
Holding the opponent, standing up, or any position designed to stall. Noticing this the referee will request that 20 seconds be marked and say “LUTE”, making the gesture. At the end of the 20 seconds if the athlete hasn’t changed his position or shown visible signs of engagement, the referee say again “LUTE” and make the same gesture, penalising the atlhete and giving an advantage for the other, if he continues stalling the referee will stop the fight saying “PAROU”, and he will penalise the same, giving 2 points for the other, and both athletes will return to their feet at neutral positions. With the possibility of disqualification on the next offence

If you are defending a choke, how exactly are you supposed to move and 'improve your position'?

Idly curious, but does Mongolian JJ have a website? I couldn't turn up anything on Google.

These Mongolians are just the second string judokas on their national team. They have no formal BJJ training so their results so far have been pretty impressive.