BCS changes make it worse

Now that strength of schedule doesnt figure into the the formula, the BCS mess is getting worse.Pittsburgh in the BCS,now thats plain sad.It also looks like Auburn will be the team that gets screwed this year.With wins over Georgia,LSU,Tennessee, and Alabama,you would think that would be enough.Auburn and Southern Cal are the two best teams in college football.They proved it during the season, now its time for the polls to reflect that.Oklahoma is a good football team, but their not as balanced as SC and Auburn.

I thought strength of schedule does figure in still. That's why 5 of 6 computers (or maybe 4?) have OU #1, isn't it? Pittsburgh gets in either way, they won their conference, strength of schedule would have nothing to do with it. Auburn is going to get left out it looks like, unless OU loses the Big 12 game, pretty rough deal for them.

"Oklahoma is a good football team, but their not as balanced as SC and Auburn."

Now that I disagree with. They're every bit as balanced as anybody. Their defense is tough, even without the starters in the secondary, and I'd put White and Peterson up there against any other run/pass combo. FWIW, since you bring up schedule, Oklahoma is the only team among the three whose opponents have a combined record above .500.

this whole BCS crap is exactly what it stands for Bull CRAPPIN Shit !! its the same thing every dam year and its really a joke system like since 10-15 years ago .

"Now that I disagree with. They're every bit as balanced as anybody. Their defense is tough, even without the starters in the secondary, and I'd put White and Peterson up there against any other run/pass combo. FWIW, since you bring up schedule, Oklahoma is the only team among the three whose opponents have a combined record above .500."

Oklahmoma has given up 169 points on defense, not balanced by any means.Yes, they can shut the Baylor's of their league,but if they play USC they will loose by at least 10.Auburn on the other hand has 2 great running backs and one of the best defense's in the nation.Thats why I believe the Trojans and Tigers would be a better match up.Also you brought up schedule, I would agree that Oklahoma played a tougher schedule than USC, but not Auburn.The only reason Auburn is on the outside looking in, is because of their pre-ranking.

College football should embrace the fact it is the only major sport without a playoff and clear cut champion.

The inherent controversy makes every game important and a whole heck of a lot of fun to watch and debate about.

I feel that college football should scrap the BCS and revert back to the traditional bowl matchups if they don't want to adopt a playoff.

Oklahmoma has given up 169 points on defense, not balanced by any means.Yes, they can shut the Baylor's of their league,but if they play USC they will loose by at least 10

Didn't Oklahoma shut out #5 Texas?

yes they did.Then they gave up a 105 points in their next 5 games against weakier opponents.All im saying is Oklahoma hasn't played anybody as balanced as auburn or USC, thats why they will loose.

169 points allowed in 11 games? 15 and change per contest isn't too bad IMO. You make it sounds like they're the Colts, for Christ's sake. How many of those points were given up by the 3rd string defense in the fourth quarter of a blowout? For any of the three teams? It's tough to tell, I probably could find out but I have neither the time nor the desire. I think Auburn should be in the title game, ESPECIALLY if they thump a 9-2 Tennessee team again.

"Yes, they can shut the Baylor's of their league"

That argument can be made against ANY of the three teams--USC shut out 1-10 Washington (whose only win came against a D-II school) and Colorado State; Auburn shut out powerhouse programs Louisiana-Monroe and The Citadel...........

"The only reason Auburn is on the outside looking in, is because of their pre-ranking."

True, which is why I think they shouldn't bother with rankings until the 3rd or 4th week. You don't know anything until then anyways, so it's just speculation--what's the point?

USC allowed 126 points, Auburn has only allowed 106.

70 of the 169 Oklahoma has allowed were scored by Texas A&M and Oklahoma State, the only two close games the Sooners had all year.

USC has quality wins over #4 Cal and #10 Virginia Tech. Auburn has quality wins over #8 Georgia, #13 LSU and #15 Tennessee. Oklahoma shut out #6 Texas, and also beat #22 Texas A&M and #24 Texas Tech.

Any way you look at it, there is no way to fit 3 teams into 1 championship game. The BCS only works if there are two undefeated teams - they will certainly be hoping for one of the three to lose this weekend.

Again, I think the BCS should be scrapped and the traditional bowl matchups should be re-implemented.

"Auburn has quality wins over #8 Georgia, #13 LSU and #15 Tennessee. Oklahoma shut out #6 Texas, and also beat #22 Texas A&M and #24 Texas Tech."

Auburn also beat Alabama,IMO a better team than A&M and T Tech.A&M has lost 3 out of their last four,how that deserves a ranking is beyond me.TTech hasn't beaten anybody ranked,need I say more.Basically the BCS has failed again.

"Basically the BCS has failed again."

Basically, yeah, it has. How a team can go through the SEC unbeaten, defeat Georgia, LSU, and Tennesse twice (9 win teams), and not be one of the top two, I just don't get it.

I agree with Todd, if they won't do a playoff, they need to go back to the old way. This just isn't working. The stupid system was supposed to eliminate all the post-season debate about who the #1 team is, which is exactly what you get every year.

Bring back the traditional bowl matchups.

untappable has TAPPED THE CORRECT...

here is a lil reflection on the whole BCS ( Butt Crack Smoochers)

gotta go with OU as number one and how the HELL auburn got booted is beyond me ...oh oh wait a min its the BCS CRAP RIGHT ......I t will be the day when they actaully (whoever the hell the powers that be are) will finally step down n say ...
"HEY !! WE GONNA HAVE 2 TEAMS GO at it by process of elimination (playoff brackets -GEE WHAT A CONCEPT!) to determine the national champions --not this share the championship doohickey doodle dee dum BS crap"

but for some idiots it just makes too much sense to do that >>

again

SS

Interesting story on Fox Sports...

Texas vs. Cal

I'd rather have the traditional bowl matchups.

Without a playoff, there will never be a clear cut champion.