beachbody.com?

Scrap,

I looked at the Clubbell stuff on your site. That looks right up my alley. My goal is to build functional muscles instead of gym muscles. What is the best way to get started?

Thanks,

J.C.

I actually purchased a program from beachbody.com as a gift for one of my sisters. I think it is a simple, solid approach.

They advocate three strength and three cardio sessions a week. The strength sessions use bands, bodyweight and or dumbbells.

The cardio sessions include some basic Yoga (during the warm-up phase) as well as low impact aerobic activity. All sections have warm-ups, cooldowns, stretching. There is also a basic ab program.

Nothing magic, but I don't see anything wrong with what they are selling.

The supplements are just multi vitamins and creatine. Two things that many people advocate.

It is a nice starter package for anyone who is looking to get in shape.

As Scrapper said,

"The 'best' thing about almost any of these package deals is that they get a person who has been sitting around all day, off his/her butt and actually DOING something. Few people realize just how much a beginner can actually change if they start working out, even if it's something that experienced lifters consider silly."

Taku.