Beards a unfair advantage or just bad style

Just wanted to see if anyone agrees that a beard can absorb some of the impact to make a hard shot a not so hard shot. Just my opinion does anyone agree?? Phone Post 3.0

I don't not agree. But I do agree that disagreeing is as fair as if we were to agree Phone Post 3.0

I guess technically it must absorb SOME of the impact but I think it's so little that it doesn't matter. I'd imagine the bigger advantage of a beard is that you have to guess a little bit where the jaw/chin end when striking somebody with a big beard.

Didn't work too well for Kimbo.

Doubt a beard adds much of  a layer of protection but punches could slip off the chin/jaw rather than sticking and maybe reducing the impact.

Just speculating here.

If you look at some of the phantom can footage of gsp and JH it looks to me like it absorbs enough to make a knockout shot just a good punch. It seem to be working for roy nelson too. Phone Post 3.0

No Vaseline equals less of an advantage. Phone Post 3.0

Bad style?

"Shaving says a lot about a man, like, 'I'm not one'." Phone Post 3.0

MmaFanHalifax - Just wanted to see if anyone agrees that a beard can absorb some of the impact to make a hard shot a not so hard shot. Just my opinion does anyone agree?? Phone Post 3.0
So true. If your hair gets to a certain length we should add elbows to the back of the head IMO. Phone Post 3.0

not only is it padding lets be honest nobody wants to touch that thing

I'm not great at physics and such, but it does seem like punches could slide off the face more easily. It can also absorb sweat and give a fighter the opportunity to drink water during the round, crucially rehydrating himself; or he could irritate his opponent's skin if he doesn't groom it well, or perhaps distract him by dropping some hairs into his opponent's mouth from top position. Or they could be less accurate when searching for the bearded fighter's chin. :)

It has to absorb some of the punch. I wonder if it helps hide cuts and bruises that could be an advantage Phone Post 3.0

http://i.imgur.com/H6pIxxL.jpg

LOL@drinking your own beard juices

Pikes - Bad style?

"Shaving says a lot about a man, like, 'I'm not one'." Phone Post 3.0
Sounds like someone can't grow a beard.

"women and boys do not have beards. I am neither" Phone Post

Op is a faggot, beards are for men and you sir are differently not one Phone Post 3.0

How about tampering with accuracy? In other words how can you tell exactly where the chin or the vulnerable parts of the jaw are with a huge ass bush beard?

How about tampering with accuracy? In other words how can you tell exactly where the chin or the vulnerable parts of the jaw are with a huge ass bush beard?

SuperCalo would have answers for this question.

Just wanted to see if anyone agrees that a beard can absorb some of the impact to make a hard shot a not so hard shot. Just my opinion does anyone agree?? Phone Post 3.0