Beast (X-men) is stupid

Why does he look like a cross between a cat and ape? Also, what the heck are his powers? What good is he in a fight?

1 Like

He’s super strong, agile, he’s got claws and fangs, animal keen senses, and he can jump and swing around like a monkey. He sounds like he’d be great in a fight.

23 Likes

He was also originally a man, but when working on a formula to control his mutant powers it backfired and turned him blue and hairy.

5 Likes

The funny think about all xmen comics is that you could basically wrap most of them up with a handgun or assault rifle.

A few like Magneto, Prof X, Wolverene etc could cause you trouble.

But 80% of them couldn’t survive a couple of shots with an AR15.

7 Likes

So, he has ape-like abilities?

Yeah it would be like fighting a big chimp.

He is also a smart scientist type guy like Iron man and the hulk.

2 Likes

Yep, his original design was basically like a hairless gorilla man.

9 Likes

He is also the world’s leading geneticist, especially when it comes to mutants.

4 Likes

True… But then one of the many writers X-Men comics had on their way to being terrible decided that having the powers they had wasn’t enough and the mutants are continually mutating. As such Beast, who’s mutation was never one of looking like an animal in the first place, mutated into a cat.

3 Likes

Very true. But there are quite a few who could destroy you if they saw you holding the gun. Cyclops as an example.

3 Likes

You wouldn’t do shit pussy!

Found the comic book nerd…

7 Likes

I really miss the Nerd question and other stuff on here

8 Likes

Cyclops his brother havok would erase you the rifle and your truck.

Kitty pryde would faze out and then walk into you and blow you up from the inside.

Ect. Ect. Ect.

4 Likes

Beast is dope. Always has been. Comic version got crazy strong at one point also if I remember correctly.

4 Likes

Good luck getting a shot off with Jubilee’s sparkle fingers in your face

9 Likes

Agree Beast is kinda dumb filler super hero.

They probably added the super smart part after he flopped big time.

Dr. Doom is cool af

I’ll geek out on this one. If I remember his strength increase may have been a result of a bad reaction to Infectia kissing him. She could cause crazy mutations. I could be wrong about that. He was back in human form and would get stronger, but lose intelligence as his strength increased. He eventually got as strong as the Thing, but was out of control like an enraged Hulk. He shorted out and turned back into the blue furry Beast, got his full intelligence back, and kept strength in the 75 ton range I believe. Then over time they dropped his strength back down to just a couple of tons and I don’t think they ever explained why.

I miss comics from when I was a kid.

5 Likes

I’m just read online it was a combination of Infectia’s kiss and a touch from the horseman Pestilence that caused Beast’s condition.

4 Likes