Beat Uncharted 3 today...

My thoughts on the game:

I really don't see why this game is given 9.5/10's and such from all over the place aside from having incredible graphics. Not the most fun game, fairly repetitive and it hardly seems as if you're playing a game most of the time. Just press the analog stick in the right direction and tap X and it will all work out. And there are QTE's which I think have no place in an action game. If I want to punch someone and/or dodge their punch, let me just do it. I dont need the huge fucking blinking triangle every time.

Those complaints aside, I will say this - the graphics and presentation are ridiculous. They did an awesome job with it.  

Overall, a good action game but nothing that should be considered game of the year.

Just my 2 cents.

pretty much the reason why i didnt get the newest UC3 game myself...pretty much was cutscene/movie ...

i did play 1 and 2 tho ..maybe try it as a rental at least a some point down the line

Yep

Just beat it today, thought it was incredible. Sure the game at times feels like your not in control as much as you should but you should have expected that from the first two. Like the metal gear series you have to take the uncharted series for what it is and enjoy the ride.

I loved Metal Gear Solid 4, a game that is almost all story is great every now and then, though if every game were like that id probably stop playing games all together. Phone Post

I agree about it not being a 10 (or in the immediate vicinity). I thought Uncharted 2 was better, but it's still well worth playing.

Uncharted 3 is Uncharted 2 in a different setting really. That was my biggest disappointment. I felt like I was playing the same game again.

UC3 has better graphics, but UC2 had better game play.
Definitely not GOTY, not with Arkham City and Skyrim in the mix. Phone Post