Beautiful hip bump sweep in judo match

Today at the Ekaterinburg Grand Slam in Russia Sweden's Tommy Macias executes a beautiful hip bump sweep from guard on Olympic Champion Fabio Basile before finishing the champion with a wicked armlock.  

Hard to believe a player of Basile quality would sit up in guard like that.  He won Gold at 66k in 2016 and today he is fighting -73k. against Macias for Gold this past weekend. We are always taught when in guard to lock down the hips with your head on one hip holding the gi undernearth with your hand and your arm over the top of the opposite leg trapping it against you. 

ttt

judoblackbelt -

Hard to believe a player of Basile quality would sit up in guard like that.  He won Gold at 66k in 2016 and today he is fighting -73k. against Macias for Gold this past weekend. We are always taught when in guard to lock down the hips with your head on one hip holding the gi undernearth with your hand and your arm over the top of the opposite leg trapping it against you. 

I became an instant fan of Macias after this match. You can see in this compilation of his 2018 matches that although he may not be the biggest thrower, he makes up for it with his unorthodox style and strong newaza. His armlock transitions are phenomenal and in an interview after his match with Basile this past weekend he said he heard Basile's arm crack.    

He is a very tough fighter -73k.  Watch this match at the 2018 World Judo champinoships in pool D where he was #1 seed and he lost by wazari.  He scored in my opinion at the 4 min mark but wasn't given a score and completely dominated the match except for the initial score by the Iranian. 

https://www.ijf.org/athlete/20476/videos?currentContestCodeLong=wc_sen2018_m_0073_0109

He is 26 yrs old and the next 2 years hopefully he can medal in the World Judo Championships or Olympics in 2020. 

judoblackbelt - 

He is a very tough fighter -73k.  Watch this match at the 2018 World Judo champinoships in pool D where he was #1 seed and he lost by wazari.  He scored in my opinion at the 4 min mark but wasn't given a score and completely dominated the match except for the initial score by the Iranian. 

https://www.ijf.org/athlete/20476/videos?currentContestCodeLong=wc_sen2018_m_0073_0109

He is 26 yrs old and the next 2 years hopefully he can medal in the World Judo Championships or Olympics in 2020. 

Yeah, I never knew how awesome Macias is. Just last year he beat An (2018 World Champion) and Hashimoto (2017 World Champion) who are two of the best P4P in the world. 

-73k is probably the most competitive bracket in judo in my opinioin.  There are so many good fighters and also those just beflow the top guys who can pull an upset.  Macias can hang with anyone in -73k.