Becoming a doctor - what take to write presctiptio

What does it take to become a doctor and be able to write prescriptions without having to get anyone else's sign off?  I know there is med school, and you have to pass the board test of the applicable state to practice.  But then there is all this residency and internship crap.  But is that crap only if you want to work in a hospital?  If all one wants to do is start a small general practice and be able to write prescriptions just pass the 4-year med school and then pass the state board test?

Thanks.

OPs such a pill junkie he's going to med school so he can write his own scrips.

BathSaltFaceFeeder -

ive never done this but

1st post nails it

BathSaltFaceFeeder -

That's EXACTLY what his post makes him sound like 

The total cost of your education to become a doctor is a helluva lot more than just finding a crooked doctor to supply you.

Going to start selling medical marijuana prescriptions?

LOL, you guys crack me up.  No, in my mind it is just the perfect business.  Having the ability to write a prescription in my mind is a license to print money, even though I don't really need it.  It would be like an early simi-retirement.

Does anyone have any serious knowledge in the area?

Thanks you goofballs.  :)

Kamikaze Emu - Going to start selling medical marijuana prescriptions?

Why not, if that is permissable/legal?  

Medical MJ is going away before you'll recoup your investment.

There's a risk of jail for trying to "print money" with prescriptions.

I had a dream that I was able to write prescriptions. All I had to do was get a permit for like a carry and conceal. It was an amazing dream and I was pissed off when I woke up lol!

Yeah, so long as they're not controlled substances, which is what you're up to.

Homeslice -

LOL, you guys crack me up.  No, in my mind it is just the perfect business.  Having the ability to write a prescription in my mind is a license to print money, even though I don't really need it.  It would be like an early simi-retirement.

I have my doubts your academic credentials are anywhere near good enough to get into med school.  I’m also confident you would not meet the ethics requirements.

Curtis_E_Bare - 
Homeslice -

I have my doubts your academic credentials are anywhere near good enough to get into med school.  I’m also confident you would not meet the ethics requirements.

Hahaha, I can GUARANTEE you that you are wrong on both counts.  If you anything responsive to my inquiries, please do post!  Thanks in advance!!!

Moron.

Writing prescriptions legally does not make you money. Laziest junkie ever.

Homeslice -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
Homeslice -

Hahaha, I can GUARANTEE you that you are wrong on both counts.  If you anything responsive to my inquiries, please do post!  Thanks in advance!!!

Moron.

Why not just work at a pharmacy and steal everything you want so bad?

The quickest way you can do it is 4 yrs of med school plus 1 year internship. You would have to pass 3 USMLE board tests. This would qualify you to work in an urgent care setting. Otherwise you will need to complete a residency in either ER family or internal medicine all of which take 3 years.

I'm sure, (I hope) you are trolling but if you are asking these questions I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you probably don't have what it takes to pass medical school. 

Homeslice -
Curtis_E_Bare - 
Homeslice -

Moron.

The tone of your posts sounds like you’re strung out on some kind of upper or having a really intense manic episode. There’s a ZERO percent chance you’d come close to qualifying for medical school. I doubt you’d even last a year as a pharmacy tech, lol.

I have a friend thats an er doc.  You have to register with the DEA and give your DEA number to the pharmacy with every rx you write.  Its monitored closely.