Becoming a MILLIONAIRE

Some people seem only to be about making money and acquiring wealth. I'll never understand the old billionaire who works till he dies. Life is way too short. I was watching a youtube video that was a documentary on some of the worlds wealthiest people. There was one fella in Dubai who said something along the lines of "My first big deal was for $150 million dollars". First big deal? For me that would be THE deal. Those people start to hang in crews that only give a shit about money and everyone is trying to keep up with everyone. They can have that shit, man. I'm not saying I don't want millions of dollars in my bank account but thats hard to achieve when your spending quality time with your fishing rod. I'd just rather play than work...

kyle223 -
Sensei Milla 209TT - $3,000 a month is a lot for a retail job Phone Post 3.0
Lol this. If this is after taxes, this guy is making $60k in retail. The ideas are good in theory, but they don't seem very realistic for 99% of people. Phone Post 3.0
The strongest math I've ever seen Phone Post 3.0

oh wait, after taxes.

^ this. Work hard to establish something of value that will keep selling and keep bringing in income. Then enjoy life.  Every once in a while, come back and expand that business or make a new one, then enjoy life again. 

Sliced -
kyle223 -
Lol this. If this is after taxes, this guy is making $60k in retail. The ideas are good in theory, but they don't seem very realistic for 99% of people. Phone Post 3.0
I just realized you meant the 3000 was after taxes and not 60k. Woops.

Anyway, I'm currently in college and gross about 4000 a month (wireless sales) working 30 hours a week. If the guy was full time it's possible. Phone Post 3.0

I make 35$/hr and if I have a few hundred thousand in my account when I retire I'll be OK with that.

But

If there's some way I can make millions, I'm all ears. Phone Post 3.0

RogansRoachClips - I make 35$/hr and if I have a few hundred thousand in my account when I retire I'll be OK with that.

But

If you wanna know how just attend my seminar on how to teach seminars to other people Phone Post 3.0

Sliced -
Sliced -
kyle223 -
I just realized you meant the 3000 was after taxes and not 60k. Woops.

Anyway, I'm currently in college and gross about 4000 a month (wireless sales) working 30 hours a week. If the guy was full time it's possible. Phone Post 3.0
I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying it's not dog shit either. Phone Post 3.0

Article is spot on. Everything he says is correct.

Hunter Thompson's .45 - 
Kakkarotto_san - Article is spot on. Everything he says is correct.
How can we trust you?

Are you a millionaire? Phone Post 3.0

It's spot on advice because it has been repeated by a number of successful people over time. If you do not know this information, than part of the reason you are not a millionaire is because you are not a lover of knowledge. This is only part of the equation though. You need mentors, you need to double down on yourself(educating yourself) as Charlie Munger says. But as it's been said, don't let your learning lead to knowledge, let your learning lead to action. Thats the formula. Knowledge+Action= Success. If you don't have the knowledge and you don't take the steps to apply the knowledge that you do acquire, you cannot be rich unless it's by accident. It's very simple to be rich but that doesn't mean that it is easy but anybody can do it if they apply the fundamentals.

Rough Bearing - Some people seem only to be about making money and acquiring wealth. I'll never understand the old billionaire who works till he dies. Life is way too short. I was watching a youtube video that was a documentary on some of the worlds wealthiest people. There was one fella in Dubai who said something along the lines of "My first big deal was for $150 million dollars". First big deal? For me that would be THE deal. Those people start to hang in crews that only give a shit about money and everyone is trying to keep up with everyone. They can have that shit, man. I'm not saying I don't want millions of dollars in my bank account but thats hard to achieve when your spending quality time with your fishing rod. I'd just rather play than work...
You know the ultimate life secret friend, the principle of being content. Not settling for less or being lazy, but being content with what you have and being happy. Good on ya Phone Post 3.0

CurtisTheConqueror - 
Rough Bearing - Some people seem only to be about making money and acquiring wealth. I'll never understand the old billionaire who works till he dies. Life is way too short. I was watching a youtube video that was a documentary on some of the worlds wealthiest people. There was one fella in Dubai who said something along the lines of "My first big deal was for $150 million dollars". First big deal? For me that would be THE deal. Those people start to hang in crews that only give a shit about money and everyone is trying to keep up with everyone. They can have that shit, man. I'm not saying I don't want millions of dollars in my bank account but thats hard to achieve when your spending quality time with your fishing rod. I'd just rather play than work...
You know the ultimate life secret friend, the principle of being content. Not settling for less or being lazy, but being content with what you have and being happy. Good on ya Phone Post 3.0

Ok heres the problem as I see it

The reason that Billionaire's continue to work even when they are well off is because life is about work. When you are living life in your own vision and higher purpose, you receive fulfillment through your accomplishment and contributions to the world. I'm not a religious person but there is verse in the bible that reads "By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return." What that means is, that you will be working for the entirety of your life. You will never be content, there is no end goal. This is why people who stop working when they are well of get bored...they have lost their purpose. The sooner you accept that, the better off you will be. Nations are born stoic and die epicurian. When the time comes where the majority of our nation has been converted to the paradigm of "YOLO" or The 4-hour workweek mentality, it is when our nation will collapse. As Thomas Edison stated "I was wondering what would have happened to me if some fluent talker (persuasive talker) had converted me on the theory of the 8 hour day and convinced me that it was not fair to my fellow workers to put forth my best effort. I'm glad that the 8 hour day had not been invented when I was a young man. If my life had been made up of 8 hour days I don't believe I could have accomplished a great deal. This country wouldn't have amounted to as much as it has if the young men of 50 years ago had been afraid."

In Phone Post 3.0

Not to be a dick but I could retire now. I do not for several reasons.
A: I think I'll get bored shooting, fishing etc if I retired.
B: I want to set a good example for my kids. I want them to see a good work ethic.
C: I love it, I like the challenge and coming up with the next big idea.
D: I have employees that count on me to give them a pay check every 2 weeks.
E: there is no such thing as enough money Phone Post 3.0

Spider Rico - If you didnt trip into an industry and stick with it in order to make a lot of money (ie tech/finance/broker) this financial movement typically takes a certain breed of person.

I am a mule (i will always work for the man, and I just need to accept this) but my friend is one of these types. Self made and entrepreneurial to the 10th degree. Started at 22 with shit and by the time we were 30 he was a millionaire and now that we are 40......im glad we are still close friends. Phone Post 3.0
It's more about learning how to make money work for you. It's not just about being an entrepreneur. Phone Post 3.0

RogansRoachClips - I make 35$/hr and if I have a few hundred thousand in my account when I retire I'll be OK with that.

But

Vanguard Top 100 fund. Phone Post 3.0

Severnsmustache - Not to be a dick but I could retire now. I do not for several reasons.
B: I want to set a good example for my kids. I want them to see a good work ethic.

Severn, if you could offer any advice for someone who's still in school, what would it be? What would you suggest that person study, and what profession would you recommend they take up following graduation?

Lt. Iceman Kazansky - 
Severnsmustache - Not to be a dick but I could retire now. I do not for several reasons.

Severn, if you could offer any advice for someone who's still in school, what would it be? What would you suggest that person study, and what profession would you recommend they take up following graduation?

If I was back in high school or college I would study finance. I would try and get a job at an investment bank or private equity firm.

Also, find a mentor, a successful person that will let you pick his brain from time to time. If you are in school set up an internship. Find a successful guy whether it's in Finance, business, real estate or whatever and be an intern for him. If you are just fetching coffee you want to be around successful people and see how they work. You will make contacts and learn.

Im still mad my parents didnt push me in school and instill the importance of a good education. I have had to work 5x as hard as some guys who went to good schools and have MBAs. It would have been nice to graduate with a decent salary and working for a good company.

. Phone Post 3.0

ttt