Behring Alberta Cup "Training Day"

Arashi-Do Martial Arts in Red Deer, would like to invite you all to, Red Deer, on Saturday January 17th AT 1PM TILL 4 or 5PM for a "Training Day".

Arashi-Do will be Hosting the Behring Alberta Cup Series with it's first tournament on Saturday Febuary 7th at Arashi-Do Red Deer. The tournament will be a series of qualifiers (5 part series) for a final Grand Championship tournament. Our goal is to have this as a Provincial Championship. We would like to challeng other Provinces across Canad in hopes of a National Championship in the future. In future Behring Alberta Cup's, we would like to offer the Grand Champion a ticket to Brazil to train with Professor Sylvio Behring (6th Degree Black Belt) Behring Jiu-Jitsu.

Training Day will be a day for the Athletes and the Sport. You will all recieve information on how the tournament will be run, rules, weight and experience divisions, points and rankings.

The tournament will focus on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and will also have a No-Gi division.

The cost for Training Day was to be $10 but since we have added Esfiha(as you can see down below on this thread) to the card the cost will be $15 for the day.

This cost will go towards supplies, guests and awards for the Behring Alberta Cup.

Arashi-Do Red Deer is located at 2310 50th Ave Bay #3 (Behind Bo'Diddley's Bar and Grill on Gaetz Ave)

We will also have seminars on Training Day.

Brian Bird (Purple Belt under Roy Harris)of Calgary will be in Red Deer to share his stuff. Brian is very passionate about what he does and he has some very cool methods on how to apply your techniques and make them flow together. Personaly, I'm looking forward to this one.
Garry Vig and I, feel that Brian has much to offer to the growth of BJJ in Alberta as well as to Calgary and surounding areas.

We have also invited Kyle Cardinal of Edmonton. Kyle is a Purple Belt(Behring Jiu-Jitsu/Edmonton under Rodrigo Munduruca). For all you Heavyweight Fighters out there, Kyle will be able to show you how to move like a Middleweight. He is a great guy and easy to learn from.

Kyle is also one of my 3 favorite referee's, along with Mike Bondie and Yves Lavigne. Arashi-Do has invited Kyle to conduct a Referee clinic, so that the coaches as well as any competitors will be able Referee matches at the Behring Cup or other local tournaments held in and around Alberta. It would be nice to be able to all share in this service, as it helps the tournaments run well. I always offer my services to other tournaments for Referee'n.

As for myself, I would like to offer some techniques for the Beginer to Intermediate Competitors, but, you know I'm gonna show some fun stuff too.:)

We are asking for all of your support if we are going to have Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Submission Grappling arts to grow in Alberta, it's groing all over the world, so lets feed the machine right here at home.

The Behring Alberta Cup is is not only for Physical competition, it is to meet,train and compete, with, other schools and styles. We want this to be the Provincial Championships so that Alberta's best can compete againts other Provinces across Canada in hopes of a National Championship.

I have been practicing Martial Arts for 24 years, It's not likely that I'm gonna give it up now, it has giving to me what I should give back to it, a future. So, I'll do all I can to share it with you.

I know that Gary has is own words but, he is of a handfull of the best martial artist I have met, and had the pleasure of friendship with. He is excited about this and I'm sure as always, his actions will speak for him.

It was not our intention to have this on the same weekend as Alex Roque is hosting Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt, Esfiha. I'd realy like to attend that one as well.

The idea to have an "Open House/Training Day" before the Series begins, is to have Coaches and Competitors together so that we can see just how important all of this is. The only othe dates we hade before January 17th were the weekends of the 24th and the 31st. My wife's cousin is getting married and if I miss that, I'm in trouble.:) The 31st, Gary's wife is taking him to Vegas, he even gets to go the the UFC, that sun of a gun. So, we decided on the 17th and began contacting people for Training Day. We had made that decision before we saw Esfiha was coming to town. Regardless, We will all be sharing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu on that weekend.:)

Fight Hard, Train Harder.

Jason St-Louis (Franco/Behring Jiu-Jitsu, Arashi-Do Red Deer)

Jason, I never knew you were married, who's the lucky
woman? ;)

Too bad Alberta is so far away. I like what you're
doing.

ok, ok.

I'm not realy married, but she sure does keep me on the right path.:)

ttt

Yes, AFC gloves will be for sale at the club.

Jason ,

This is a really great idea , and I am very much looking forward to it( as are my teammates and coaches).

Do you have planned what you are going to cover on your section of the seminar? If you are into taking requests , I would love to see you go over the triangle choke . Seeing as how every time ive seen you fight or compete you pretty much give a clinic in triangles anyway , it would be cool to see your aproach and ideas.

Thanks alot , and I'll see you on the 17th!

Brad Cardinal

ttt for Jason St-Louis and Garry Vig for their pioneering eforts and their hard work and dedication for the growth of the sport in Alberta.

You can count me and my team in for February, the rest of you guys train hard, my guys are maturing quickly and are becoming unstopable... hahaha

As for the 17th, I hate to have to miss that, sounds really great and I would like to be involved as well. Give me a call, maybe we can come to an arrangement that will benefit all.

Alex : (403) 701 0237

GREAT NEWS!!!

Arashi-Do would like to announce that World Brazilian jiu-Jitsu Black Belt Champion "Esfiha" will be in Red Deer at Arashi-Do Martial Arts sharing his techniques with us on Training Day! Courtesy of Alex Roque!!
Alex contacted us and thought it would be a great oportunity for everyone to get together.

This goes to show you how we are all coming together for the growth of BJJ in Alberta. it means alot for us to have Alex offer Esfiha to Training Day, as he takes time out of his schedual, to come hang with us in Red Deer.

Anyone interested in Privates with Esfiha($35 for 1/2hour) or semi-privates($50 for two) please contact me for reservasions. Toll Free 1-866-666-4AFC

The cost for the Day will be $15 per person

We look forward to seeing you all on Saturday January 17th at 12pm to 3pm for the Training Day!

Regards,

Jason St-Louis

TTt for Jason, Garry and Arashi-Do!!!!!!!!!!

Go SumoSamurai...TO BRAZIL!!!

Sylvio Behring

Thanks Jason, it's my pleasure to help out anyway I can and I hope everyone will enjoy this addition to Training Day.

I just spoke to Esfiha and he's excited about the opportunity to introduce himself to the BJJ community in our province this saturday in Red Deer.

I'm excited about the opportunity to participate in this event as well.

I will update my thread "Esfiha in Calgary" to reflect the good news.

Alex Roque

MORE GREAT NEWS!!!

We have another guest for Training Day, he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.....Loaf, Justin Bruckman will be in Red Deer. Justin as you know is a former UCC Canadian Welterweight Champion and one of the most likeable guy's around. Justin is a Black Belt in Judo and a Purple Belt in Jiu-Jitsu, Franco/Behring Jiu-Jitsu.

Justin will be showing us how to Throw our oponents and how to transition throws into the ground game of Jiu-Jitsu.

This just keeps getting better and better.

See you all this Saturday January 17th In Red Deer and Arashi-Do Martial Arts for the Behrin Alberta Cup Training Day.

Regards,

Jason St-Louis

CORRECTION

I have made a little error about this weekends Training day.

We have a little Dragon's program on Saturday from 12:00pm to 1:00pm so, Training Day will begin at 1:00pm untill around 4:00pm

I apologize for any inconvenience and I hope this does not affect the day and your participation.

Regards,

Jason St-Louis

TTT