Being Fat Because of Money = Bullshit Excuse

“It’s too expensive to eat healthy...” I hear this a lot, and it’s total bullshit. 

Cooking and eating decent food at home is not more expensive than filling your house with Pepsi and Oreos or  going to Applebee’s for fucking onion rings and bacon cheeseburgers. 

For lunches - I stop at a chain grocery store for lunch near my office many days and hit their salad bar. An entire container of veggies/lettuce and some grilled chicken is like $6. Similar or maybe less than a fast food extra value meal. 

Can’t get to anywhere but a McDonalds? You know what’s cheaper than 2 items on the dollar menu? 1 item on the dollar menu. And get water instead of soda. 

Gym membership too expensive? Walk or run more. Do push-ups and body weight exercises. 

I can see how people put on weight due to the fact that it’s just more convenient and junk foods just taste good. But be honest with yourself, it isn’t about the money. 

It’s too expensive to eat healthy if you’re eating out for every meal. I think the honest excuse would change to it’s too much work to prepare a healthy meal if the person is eating at home.

There's literally no limit to the excuses people will make to justify laziness. 

People who say that pass by the $2/lb broccoli and go for the 5 lb bag of double stuffed oreos for $12.

Vrill -

There's literally no limit to the excuses people will make to justify laziness. 

Or the number of people who spend excess time thinking about and judging other people's body size. That also seems without limit. 

Totally accurate.

99.9% of fatties are just lazy.

If you own a business, you know to never hire a fat person.

I used to think that way until I met people that lived in food deserts.

When you live somehwere where a trip to the grocery store is a half day event and the only things close by are fast/unhealthy food, chances are you're gonna be fat.

I understand what you're saying, but it is in fact much more expensive to eat a healthy diet if we're talking on a calorie for calorie basis. A one dollar Banquet frozen dinner, or large Hot Pocket is packing a shit ton more calories than the 2 or 3 apples or half pound of brocolli, or even the 1/3 of a pound of on sale chicken you might score. A lot easier to prepare if you're lazy after a long day at work too.

You just have to accept that if you're eating healthy on a budget, you're not gonna be able to afford the same caloric intake. I got into one meal a day intermittent fasting many years ago for budgetary reasons because eating healthy is so damn expensive. I shop sales and try and be thrifty but I know if I wanted to, I could go to the dark side and for my same food budget get fat as fuck off of processed, high-calorie, cheapo food.

EDIT: I'm only talking about eating cheap as it refers to the grocery store. If you're complaining about eating healthy on a budget and eating out on any regular basis, shut the fuck up.

These are the fattest states in America

For the first time, obesity rates in three states have exceeded 35 percent, according to the annual State of Obesity report released in September.

With an adult obesity rate of 35.9 percent, Arkansas was found to be America's fattest state. West Virginia and Mississippi rounded out the top three.-----

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-are-the-fattest-states-in-america-2015-12

are the MAGA states the FAT states or the FIT states?

RonaldRaygun - 

I understand what you're saying, but it is in fact much more expensive to eat a healthy diet if we're talking on a calorie for calorie basis. A one dollar Banquet frozen dinner, or large Hot Pocket is packing a shit ton more calories than the 2 or 3 apples or half pound of brocolli, or even the 1/3 of a pound of on sale chicken you might score. A lot easier to prepare if you're lazy after a long day at work too.

You just have to accept that if you're eating healthy on a budget, you're not gonna be able to afford the same caloric intake. I got into one meal a day intermittent fasting many years ago for budgetary reasons because eating healthy is so damn expensive. I shop sales and try and be thrifty but I know if I wanted to, I could go to the dark side and for my same food budget get fat as fuck off of processed, high-calorie, cheapo food.

EDIT: I'm only talking about eating cheap as it refers to the grocery store. If you're complaining about eating healthy on a budget and eating out on any regular basis, shut the fuck up.

Eating healthy implies that you aren’t inhaling food like a fat sack.

If you’re “eating healthy” by maintaining your 17k/day calorie count at Whole Foods, then you’re going about it all wrong unless you’re Michael Phelps.

Food deserts are a real thing.  They're not everywhere though, so most people can't make this claim...but certainly there are lower income areas without ready access to nutritious food 

ttt

To be fair, most people don’t have any idea what it actually means to eat healthy, which will reveal itself if you patiently drill down into their argument when they make it.

Lots of people legitimately believe it means pomegranate quinoa pine nut dulse salad with maple sesame infused fresh caught Atlantic salmon, & those people are gonna go broke eating $20/pound garbage from the Whole Foods buffet.

There are people on this board currently claiming the healthiest diet ever is steak & more steak.

Others here believe potatoes would kill them dead because “carbs”.

Most people plain don’t know the cheapest staple foods are the healthiest things money can buy.

"It’s too expensive to eat healthy if you’re eating out for every meal. "

Also not true. Often the healthiest things on the menu are cheap side dishes.

I disagree, "eating healthy" is all relative.

If you buy all organic high quality all natural foods and very high quality chicken and beef it is more expensive., much more so than grocery shopping at wal mart.

"I understand what you’re saying, but it is in fact much more expensive to eat a healthy diet if we’re talking on a calorie for calorie basis. "

Stomachs don’t have the foggiest idea what a calorie is. They operate on volume. Maximizing calories per dollar is the exact opposite of eating healthy.

I've found most fat people don't know what "cardio" is. 

It's pretty amazing.

How about just eat less and workout a few times a week.  

JerseyCityMMA - Why do you care how fat someone is?

It’s depressing and gross to have to look at fat people all day. Also, their health problems raise the cost of insurance and medical care for everyone else.

I’m pretty well off. I can afford to eat whatever I want. I’m fat because I love to over eat and am lazy as fuck when it comes to exercise.