Bellator 100 pulls 700k viewers

700k viewers.  bellator just got a second life. Pretty surprising for a friday night. 

Bellator owns Friday night, always said they should be there

Good stuff

To bad they wasted like 4 main events for the PPV

Vote up for MMALOGIC for delivering the news

Any news on what the peak was?

the peak was a bit lower than last week (794k vs 808k) but the .51 in the M18-49 demo - which matters more - is a significant increase from last week.

All bellator has to do is give viacom a reason to invest and last week and this week is a huge step forward in making that case.

No real big main event for a while, would like to see what an event wil do with a little more hype

Joe Warren this week in a gimmie fight, Kongo vs GODBEER the week after, if they ratings keep going up its a big deal for them

Yeah, the .51 is nice for them

Looks like Pitbull headlining 103

no real main event or no real roster...     if they can establish an audience of around 700k you can build a good product for spike from there by improving the roster and fights.

again, give viacom a reason to invest and they will.  700k plus on a friday night may very well be that reason.

They have a real roster, problem is they put it all on the ppv

A Tito vs Rampage would do well on spike and follow it with Eddie vs Chandler, Mo vs Newton, etc... to think they don't have a roster is silly

"Big" names I mean

liquidrob - They have a real roster, problem is they put it all on the ppv

A Tito vs Rampage would do well on spike and follow it with Eddie vs Chandler, Mo vs Newton, etc... to think they don't have a roster is silly

I dont think they have a marketable roster yet.  nobody knows any of their guys and that's why they have to sign ufc castoffs.

My point is if they can settle at around 700k with this they can slowly build a bigger audience as the roster marketable matchups improve.

Im talking about guys who move the needle.  SF had guys who moved the needle.  the WEC had guys who moved the needle.  Bellator has failed to produce anyone who can move the needle.

Is that the best show so far for views? Phone Post

Ben Saunders - 

Is that the best show so far for views? Phone Post

best so far since they lost the TNA lead in. 

mrwhipple - Let's give credit where credit is due, it's all because of Ben Saunders. Only partly joking, he self-promotes the hell out of his cards. Hopefully Bellator is rewarding him for his efforts.

Lmao... every little bit of effort I gave I'm sure helped. Even if minor. :) Phone Post

Good news for Bellator. I'm glad to hear the ratings are finally starting to reflect the exciting cards they put on. Phone Post

Two Words: Christy Mack

Hopefully you get in the next tournament Ben, you always come to Fight

Ben Saunders - 
mrwhipple - Let's give credit where credit is due, it's all because of Ben Saunders. Only partly joking, he self-promotes the hell out of his cards. Hopefully Bellator is rewarding him for his efforts.

Lmao... every little bit of effort I gave I'm sure helped. Even if minor. :) Phone Post

I was there live and you guys saved the card fighting like real warriors.

the 2 tournament fights with Hawn, and whoever is fighting War Machine next, were awful. no hustle or heart at all from any of those guys.

Saunders, great fight...  are you fighting on the PPV?

I think it will increase from 700k over the course of the 12 weeks of uninterrupted programming. A big part of the drop off imo, is that when a season ends and Bellator goes on hiatus the viewers fall out of the habit of watching, and that habit has to be reestablished all over again.