Bellator 105 Set, LW Semi Finals

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/10/bellator-105-set-with-lightweight-semis-of-awad-brooks-tirloni-sarnavskiy

Bellator 105 set with lightweight semis of Awad-Brooks, Tirloni-Sarnavskiy

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Oct 09, 2013 at 9:30 am ET

The fight card is set for Bellator 105, and the Season 9 lightweight tournament semifinals co-headline the Oct. 25 show.

The events takes place at Santa Ana Star Center in Rio Rancho, N.M., and the main card airs on Spike TV following prelims on Spike TV.

Following their wins in the opening round of the tournament at Bellator 101, Saad Awad (15-5 MMA, 3-1 BMMA) takes on Will Brooks (11-1 MMA, 3-1 BMMA), and Ricardo Tirloni (16-4 MMA, 3-3 BMMA) meets Alexander Sarnavskiy (24-1 MMA, 3-1 BMMA). The winners then meet at season's end, and the eventual tourney champ gets a title shot.

Awad and Brooks meet for a second time. Awad won the duo's first meeting at Bellator 91 with a 43-second knockout, and it remains Brooks' only career loss. Coincidentally, it also came in the semifinals of a previous Bellator ournament.

"I'm very excited and beyond ready for this semifinal fight against Awad," Brooks stated. "Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish what I started in the first tournament, but this time around, things will end differently. I continue to improve my game every day and stay focused on the goal at hand, which is beating Awad and moving on in the tournament."

Also slated for the main card are non-tournament bouts between heavyweights Ron Sparks (8-2 MMA, 3-2 BMMA) and Siala-Mou Siliga (4-2 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) and middleweights Eugene Fadiora (12-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) and Andreas Spang (8-3 MMA, 1-2 BMMA).

The full Bellator 105 card includes:

MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET)

• Saad Awad vs. Will Brooks - lightweight tourney semifinal
• Alexander Sarnavskiy vs. Ricardo Tirloni - lightweight tourney semifinal
• Siala-Mou Siliga (Mighty Mo) vs. Ron Sparks
• Eugene Fadiora vs. Andreas Spang

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 7 p.m. ET)

•Shawn Bunch vs. Steve Garcia
•Eddie Larrea vs. Rocky Ramirez
•Jesse Brock vs. Adrian Cruz
•Frank Baca vs. Luis Nogueira
•Josh Lanier vs. Volkan Oezdemir
•Raphael Butler vs. Joseph Bryant
•Desmond Green vs. Angelo Sanchez

I got Tiger vs Awad in the finals, Tiger winning it all

I like Brooks but I think Awad puts him out again

Mighty Mo vs Sparks will be big man fireworks

Also some good prelim prospects, also like watching Spang fight

really like both of those LW semi-finals.

LW semis are good but the other two main card fights are shit.   Bunch, Nog and Butler on prelims are ok.

Ttt