Bellator 66 - Aoki vs Alvarez II horrible ratings

For Bellator this has to be crushing.

109k is their third lowest rating.

And with their most stacked card ever, this cant bode well for the future. Phone Post

Meanwhile UFC on FX pulled 1.6 million

I had no idea it was on until shortly after it was done! I was so choked. Bellator needs to do a better job of promoting themselves sometimes, including not being on a day where they're completely overshadowed by other news.

The TUF episode that aired during the end of Bellator scored 1 million viewers and the primetime episode did 646k.

Is it just the fact its on MTV, or is it poor promotion?

Or do people not care about Alvarez or Aoki? Phone Post

when was it on??? my dvr is set for all Bellator new showings, and it didn't record. jacktripper an I were just saying how it wasn't on??! Phone Post

JohnnyChrist - I had no idea it was on until shortly after it was done! I was so choked. Bellator needs to do a better job of promoting themselves sometimes, including not being on a day where they're completely overshadowed by other news.
and they need to be on HD!!! Phone Post

thats a shame, people missed out on an awesome event

I honestly thought the last three evenrs have been there best.

A new night and a year round model seem ideal to me.

Wednesday Bellator
Thursday TUF
Friday Random Local or HDNet event
Saturday UFC or Strikeforce
Sunday TUF Brazil or Some random free card found online Phone Post

They need to get off Friday.

Go back to Thursdays.

Yes, a shame. It really was a good event.

It certainly didn't help that this fight was on the night before Jones vs. Evans. Considering all the press that fight was getting, even before the fight was ever signed, Bellator would have been better off making that night it's bye week and instead having Alvarez vs. Aoki on the 28th.

The Alvarez vs. Aoki fight itself was also on during the overrun. With TUF on at the same time, a lot of fans probably switched over (I personally did not).

I enjoyed the event... probably more so then the UFC this weekend. Phone Post

DoomFarmer -  They need to be on Saturdays, another day is doomed for a fail.

Going up against a UFC PPV isn't a big deal, provided it ends around the time the PPV will start.
Thats hard considering the prelims are being shown now. Saturday afternoon mma on mtv2 doesnt sound like a hit. Phone Post

I watched on the spike stream... I wonder how many viewers were on there. It's actually a higher quality than on TV, and if you don't have a PVR on your TV it's even better.

And on top of that, I wonder how much it hurts them when more people are watching online then on TV.

UGCTT_EnderTL - I watched on the spike stream... I wonder how many viewers were on there. It's actually a higher quality than on TV, and if you don't have a PVR on your TV it's even better.

And on top of that, I wonder how much it hurts them when more people are watching online then on TV.

I do the same and move back and forth.

I really wonder. I imagine foreigners watch that stream, or is it US only? Phone Post

:( Bellator was awesome on Friday. Phone Post

DRevan - Meanwhile UFC on FX pulled 1.6 million

and these were just UFC prelims.

It hurt Alvarez almost as much as bellator... 

Bellator's business model has proven to be a failure... if your highest paid fighter who was with you for 4 years, face of your promotion, winner of your tourney, victor of your tourney finals... is this guy pulls only 109k viewers you dunn datta.

Say goodbye to the tournaments and hello to freak show mma.

I couldn't find the event on any channel in Canada, just a bellator event scheduled for the next night.
I thought I just got the day of the fights wrong. Phone Post

Wonder how Spikes's live stream did in terms of traffic. Perhaps that would help the poor tv numbers?