Nordine Taleb vs. Marius Zaromskis - welterweight-tourney opening round

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com)

Alexandre "Popo" Bezerra vs. Jeff Smith
Derrick Kennington vs. Phillipe Nover
Jay Haas vs. Brylan Van Artsdalen
Munah Holland vs. TBD
Plinio Cruz vs. Kelvin Tiller
Kenny Foster vs. Claudio Ledesma

Looks like they are saving Lima/Saunders/Daley for the move to Spike.

Def makes this tournament alot weaker.

What do you mean wait for spike - is there a show on spike soon or is it still in the future Phone Post

Yeah that is wierd about Lima, Saunders, & Daley.  But you take those three, plus Zaromskis and Lyman, and they really have a pretty solid WW stable.

Love me some Bellator.

Bellator. Phone Post

Koreshkov is a beast....I think he's got this..

War ugs own, jay haas.  And my friend, claudio ladesma.  

Great undercard

mixedmartialmike - 

What do you mean wait for spike - is there a show on spike soon or is it still in the future Phone Post

January 2013 they move from MTV2 to Spike.

I thought this season's WW tournament was going to be bangin' given Bellator's roster, but I didn't take into account that a lot of these guys would want to hold out for better sponsorship opportunities and a potential increase in pay on Spike. Also, Bellator wants to preserve many of them to make a good first impression to prospective new fans on Spike. UFC's non compete with re-runs for a year is really going to be screwing MMA fans the next few months.

This tournament only contains two contenders probably, Good and Koreshkov. That Welch-Tsarev match-up is pretty terrible for a Bellator tourney. In lieu of not having a lot of their fighters more marketable to Americans to draw viewers stateside, they signed and assigned to tournaments many Russians, often without much mind paid to quality control, in order to get a big Russian TV deal and make a good impression with prospective viewers. They had a pretty high Brasilian quotient too when they began on Esporte Interativo, and it yielded very favorable ratings. That doesn't mean they'll stay if they then remove the country's respective rooting interests. I mean look at this Bellator tourney - no Brasilians.

Anyway, ironically this year's best Bellator tourney may wind up being heavyweight, because they improved the division considerably since their last installment, many of their best HW's are Russian, and I think that's one of the 1-2 divisions they likely won't be holding a tournament for in January.

I also think preliminary card looks solid on paper. Popo-Smith, Nover-Kennington, Ledesma-Foster, and Tiller-Cruz are all worth watching.

Where's Sarnavskiy?

I saw he signed with Bellator but haven't seen him on any recent cards.

If anyone has info or has proof I missed something please say it.

heavyweightmma - Where's Sarnavskiy?

I saw he signed with Bellator but haven't seen him on any recent cards.

If anyone has info or has proof I missed something please say it.

Proof of what do you mean?

He did sign with Bellator, as it was posted on the org's official website and many other places. In that article it stated he would be in the tournament and the #1 seed to boot.

Bellator hasn't released any info on either the LW or FW tourney entrants recently. The LW tournament is one of if not the latest scheduled this season, October 19th, and I've only found that out and a few names from the fighters themselves posting on Twitter and a foreign article or two. This article reports a match-up of Murad Machaev vs. Marcin Held. http://allboxing.ru/archives/2012-08-14_16_53.html They also state that Sarnavskiy and Saadulaev are in the tournament. I've found out from Twitter that Tirloni and Brooks are also tourney bound.

Looking forward to this tourney also can't wait for sarnovsky to fight the kids a monster and will bring it to all the 155ers Phone Post

FixedPartialArts - I thought this season's WW tournament was going to be bangin' given Bellator's roster, but I didn't take into account that a lot of these guys would want to hold out for better sponsorship opportunities and a potential increase in pay on Spike. Also, Bellator wants to preserve many of them to make a good first impression to prospective new fans on Spike. UFC's non compete with re-runs for a year is really going to be screwing MMA fans the next few months.

This tournament only contains two contenders probably, Good and Koreshkov. That Welch-Tsarev match-up is pretty terrible for a Bellator tourney. In lieu of not having a lot of their fighters more marketable to Americans to draw viewers stateside, they signed and assigned to tournaments many Russians, often without much mind paid to quality control, in order to get a big Russian TV deal and make a good impression with prospective viewers. They had a pretty high Brasilian quotient too when they began on Esporte Interativo, and it yielded very favorable ratings. That doesn't mean they'll stay if they then remove the country's respective rooting interests. I mean look at this Bellator tourney - no Brasilians.

Anyway, ironically this year's best Bellator tourney may wind up being heavyweight, because they improved the division considerably since their last installment, many of their best HW's are Russian, and I think that's one of the 1-2 divisions they likely won't be holding a tournament for in January.

I also think preliminary card looks solid on paper. Popo-Smith, Nover-Kennington, Ledesma-Foster, and Tiller-Cruz are all worth watching.

Its not even more money or sponsors its Bellator wanting top guys, guys fans will know when they move to spike.

Daley, Saunders is a TUF/UFC fighter, Lima was just in a title fight so they want guys fans will know and care about when they move to Spike.

Having them this season means only one can win, Daley in a WW tournament in Jan coming off losing in this tournament doesnt really hype anyone up. Saunders if he loses again that would be how many tournaments for him? Sesaon 5 and 6, if he fought in 7 and lost and you bring him back for season 8? No. So they dont to risk any of them losing in this tournament so they will hold out for sesaon 8.

You will have Saunders, Lima, Daley, Askren/KA title fight loser, probably KA, then depending on who wins this tournament figure Koreshkov and Whitemare would both be asked back if neither wins this tournament. Then add in another prospect or another signing and thats your tournament.

I just wonder if they will do this for the other tournaments, hold certain guys out.

War Jeff smith and jay Haas !! Phone Post

Lyman Good has this

Chris27 - 
FixedPartialArts - I thought this season's WW tournament was going to be bangin' given Bellator's roster, but I didn't take into account that a lot of these guys would want to hold out for better sponsorship opportunities and a potential increase in pay on Spike. Also, Bellator wants to preserve many of them to make a good first impression to prospective new fans on Spike. UFC's non compete with re-runs for a year is really going to be screwing MMA fans the next few months.

Its not even more money or sponsors its Bellator wanting top guys, guys fans will know when they move to spike.

Daley, Saunders is a TUF/UFC fighter, Lima was just in a title fight so they want guys fans will know and care about when they move to Spike.

Having them this season means only one can win, Daley in a WW tournament in Jan coming off losing in this tournament doesnt really hype anyone up. Saunders if he loses again that would be how many tournaments for him? Sesaon 5 and 6, if he fought in 7 and lost and you bring him back for season 8? No. So they dont to risk any of them losing in this tournament so they will hold out for sesaon 8.

You will have Saunders, Lima, Daley, Askren/KA title fight loser, probably KA, then depending on who wins this tournament figure Koreshkov and Whitemare would both be asked back if neither wins this tournament. Then add in another prospect or another signing and thats your tournament.

I just wonder if they will do this for the other tournaments, hold certain guys out.

The motivation is going in both directions. I know Hawn wants his title fight against Chandler to be delayed until January because of the sponsorship factor. Well these tourney fighters get 3 bigger sponsorship opportunities and possibly a better tourney prize if they preserve their spot in the next competition by waiting until January/February. They can justify making that decision if they have enough money to survive off until then. You figure that's the case w/ the bigger names you mentioned like Daley, Lima, Saunders, etc. Even if they were assured of being included if they lost, it's not like there isn't major risk involved every time a mixed martial artist steps into the cage. They want to get the maximum reward they can each time out as a result.

If the first selections for the LW tourney are any indicator, there are other notable fighters being excluded from tournaments this fall. So far we got Tirloni, Brooks, Held, Saadulaev, and Machaev. They couldn't include all of Woodard, Weedman, Michel, Rickels, and Jansen.

This drag on all tourneys but probably heavyweights, because they won't have an invitational next season from what it looks like, is why I said that one ironically might be their best. Santos-Prindle, Minakov-Martinez, Holata-Kudin, and Rogers-Magomedov is pretty solid.

Where is Caveman Rickels? That kid always brings it! Phone Post

looks like an exciting card.

i think maybe they are trying to build some of their lesser known WW for this tournament. or maybe we will see one of the bigger names as an alternate if someone gets hurt.

I was really looking forward to a Daley vs Zaromskis fight in this tourny, shit.

DamnSevern -  Koreshkov is a beast....I think he's got this..

War ugs own, jay haas.  And my friend, claudio ladesma.  

Great undercard

And Watch out for Taleb. He trains at Tristar, that kid is no joke, a bad ass. Phone Post

Bellator has earned my respect for their choice of up and coming fighters.  Even when they bring out some European fighters that I have not seen yet, I have almost always been very pleasantly suprised.  Something about this show (I think it is the straight tournament format) -- fighters really bring it.