Bellator adds Kongo vs Spartan to ppv

Morgz - 

I apologize in advance for not knowing and asking, but who is "Spartan"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinicius_Queiroz

He's some C-list HW who fought once in the UFC, losing to the utterly awful Rob Broughton AND pissing hot simultaneously. Naturally he got released and then showed up in Bellator 2 years later, where he's 2-1 so far.

Thanks.   I was feeling pretty dumb with everyone seemingly knowing who he was based on the nick name.

Using that wikipedia page, I looked him up on the sherdog fighter database, and can confirm after seeing his photo, I do not recognize him at all.  I do seem to remember the Broughton loss and PED thing tho.

Morgz - 

I apologize in advance for not knowing and asking, but who is "Spartan"?

He is the guy who just KOd Lavar Johnson in 20 seconds, he is UFC Level now

Yes! I get to read all about how to run a business from the UG. I believe this forum is how Mark Zuckerberg came up with Facebook. Phone Post

I think they are trying to add enough fights so that they run out of PPV time before Rampage/Ortiz hits the ring.

Ttt

44 Magnum -
Happiness Bunny - 
Sofa King Cool - 
44 Magnum - I wouldn't be surprised if they brought in Kimbo Slice to fight on this thing at this point

Actually, that's a really good idea.

Seriously. Phone Post

It would rope in many casuals and those who got caught up in all the Kimbo hype years ago. Sad to say he is more of a household name compared to many of the greatest fighters of all time.

I agree as well. I remember a few years ago wearing Fedor shirt, and people would ask me what Red Devil fight club was, after I explained, they would say could he beat Kimbo Slice? Kimbo and Brock are P4P top among casuals.
Well im sure tony hawk and bam margera are the most widely known skateboarders despite being years past their prime... Thats just the way things work. Phone Post 3.0

Kimbo Slice v Dave Batista... even money they would out draw Tito v Rampage.

liquidrob - As a Bellator fan I really wish they would have held off from this ppv, completely tanked this season for this ppv

Tito vs Rampage on Spike would have been big, followed by Eddie vs Chandler, Mo vs Newton, Curran, etc...all great Spike main events, could have really built up there spike audience over this season

Oh well
Tito Vs Rampage on Spike would have been awesome Phone Post 3.0

JStrongMMA - Yes! I get to read all about how to run a business from the UG. I believe this forum is how Mark Zuckerberg came up with Facebook. Phone Post
There are a lot of dummy armchair ceos, but there are a handful of ug posters who clearly know their shit. Its pretty easy to tell the difference. Phone Post 3.0

They are doing everything they can to make this card even remotely buyable. Unfortunately for them, absolutely nobody gives a shit about Kongo. I'm still surprised they even signed him. Phone Post

whoabro -
JStrongMMA - Yes! I get to read all about how to run a business from the UG. I believe this forum is how Mark Zuckerberg came up with Facebook. Phone Post
There are a lot of dummy armchair ceos, but there are a handful of ug posters who clearly know their shit. Its pretty easy to tell the difference. Phone Post 3.0

I agree. Phone Post

BobD -

Kimbo Slice v Dave Batista... even money they would out draw Tito v Rampage.

That would so far outdraw tito rampage it isnt even funny.

Kimbo by KO. Phone Post

Would like to see Kongo win so we can see him against Volkov or Minakov next

I'm gonna buy it, watch it, enjoy the fights.

Not too keen on the main event, would have been great a decade, or even 5-years ago.

However, Chandler/Alvares is gonna be awesome.  Could be the main event as far as I'm concerned.

ShawnTheBadger -

I'm gonna buy it, watch it, enjoy the fights.

Not too keen on the main event, would have been great a decade, or even 5-years ago.

However, Chandler/Alvares is gonna be awesome.  Could be the main event as far as I'm concerned.

Could and should be the main event. Phone Post 3.0